Any young men on this forum

J

Jim Kalafus

Shame? What makes you think I'm being insincere? The world does not belong to the smokey-voiced blonde and busty.... those of us with a penchant for shrill character actress sorts are tired of being marginalised.

>So try to get The Last Voyage out of your thoughts.

ANTR's Lucas Children give Jill a run for the money when it comes to creepiness. The lad's zombie-like situp, directly into the camera; the daughters' harmonized, The Shining-like, eerily synchronised "goodbye, daddy;" this all belongs in Village of the Damned. Far more subtle than Jill, but just as spine-tingling.

B

Bob Godfrey

It's not all one-way traffic. Mon. I've been accosted by sozzled women who, as the evening progressed, thought I was beginning to look like Richard Branson. I had to show them my wallet, a clear indication that there was no resemblance at all.

Nowadays of course I'm reduced to heavy drinking in the hope that my dates might start to look like Margaret Rutherford.

M

monica e. hall

So that's why I always have to pay a couple of hefty blokes to carry you to the train station and send you home. Give it up, Bob. It's never going to work. I'm at least 5 stone lighter than Margaret Rutherford. And I've never even seen your wallet...

B

Bob Godfrey

Very few people get to see my wallet, Mon. In fact I can't remember when I last saw it myself.

M

monica e. hall

I think Carol may know about it. Last time I was there, we had a simply terrible moth infestation, and she looked a bit guilty and muttered something about fossil evidence.

B

Bob Godfrey

Ah yes, I remember the occasion now, Mon. We'd spent the evening watching Paul's brand new Baird televisor with the giant 9" screen, and my wallet fell out of my pocket when we stood up at the end to sing 'God Save the King'.

M

monica e. hall

I understand the site has been hacked in the last couple of days. Which means my stupendous and unassailable posts are now, sadly, lost. Drat! I can assure you, both Jim C. and Jim K., that you wouldn't have been able to argue with me at all. But I can't really remember what it was about ...

I think, Jim. K., that I said something about a friend saying that GAY meant Good As You - but I didn't believe it, sadly. I would very much like to.

And I think, Jim. C., that I said I was very profligate with asterisks.

I know, for certain, that Bob would like to live in the 1950s. Not sure how that came up. Something to do with modern life, possibly ...

Hmm.

T

Thomas E. Golembiewski

Why would anyuone want to hack ET? What could they possibly want?

Jim Currie

Jim Currie

Very strange indeed! I have lost.. or should I say the world has lost a great deal of profound truths as contained in my writings.

Has anyone a clue as to what has happened? Is this a form of thought police intervention?

Come back pre- enlightement days... all is forgiven! Even Jim K will revel in your simplicity and from what Monica tells us, Bob will be looking out his Teddy Boy outfit together with his crepe-soled, bee-bop shoes.

JC

B

Bob Godfrey

I wouldn't want to live in the 1950s, Mon. Been there, done that. Wouldn't mind giving the '30s a try. Good cars, good fashions, good music. Proper bedding. And my Teddy Boy period to look forward to.

As all the gay stuff has been hacked into oblivion I'll just remind you all of the general conclusion, which was that we'll never know for sure what the Flintstones were really getting up to when they had a gay old time. Which is just as well. I can believe anything of Fred and Barney but I wouldn't want to lose respect for Betty and Wilma.

E

Ernie Luck

>>I have lost.. or should I say the world has lost a great deal of profound truths as contained in my writings.<<<

And my posting of the first verse of 'It's a long way to Tipperary' Never mind I will give you the 'bawdy' version and hope not to be banned.

That's the wrong way to tickle Mary,
That's the wrong way to kiss.
Don't you know that over here, lad
They like it best like this.
Hooray pour Les Franí§ais Farewell Angleterre.
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, But we learnt how over there.

Chorus:

Absolutely shocking isnt it?

B

Bob Godfrey

I've heard that one, Ernie. And a lot more besides. Though I didn't serve in the trenches myself (as you have erroneously suggested) I knew a man who did. I worked alongside him as a farm labourer (long ago) and he larned oi all the trench songs and also the best way to dig. "Ya needs a rhythm fer the pick, boy. So sing alonga me. Ohhhh, we don't give a **** for old Von Kluck, and all his ****ing army. That's it! Always bring 'er down on the ****, boy!"

A

Adam Went

What a shame.....obviously the hacker/s belong to that group of people that we were just bemoaning on here, as if on cue to prove us exactly right. ;-)

Cheers,
Adam.

B

Bob Godfrey

There was a BBC docu on hackers and trolls last week, and some of those identified as the nastiest and most prolific were a very long way past their teens. It's clearly not just kids' stuff.

E

Ernie Luck

A few years back we lost thousands of posts and I suggested at the time that Phil Hind had installed a rubbish filter. I'm not sure that Michael S. took those comments too kindly since 10,000 of his disappeared.

Michael is a great contributor and I miss some of his postings under 'other Ships' which have diminished recently.