Anyone else having issues using ET?

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
What I do is to alter the number of the thread in the address bar. So if it's only displaying 26 pages - but I know there are more - then I change it to 30 and get the extra pages.
That seems to be the problem. The threads are showing the wrong last page number. It seems that in the break up thread the last page, so far, is really 30 with post number 586, but you only see it going up to page 26 at post 520.
Same problem with other threads as well. It would be nice to have a simple way to get to the real last page of a thread.

Reactions: 1 user

Rob Lawes

Jun 13, 2012
England
I tried your fix Seumas but it didn't work for me.

I did briefly mange to see posts up to November but now I'm stuck back at posts in October. :(

Nov 14, 2005
Phillip, if your still looking for feedback everything has been good here the last couple of days. Just curious...was it a timing / date chage problem with the server? Seemed like it started going buggy around New Years.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Some people are still having problems depending on where they are located so it seems to be a DNS-related issue that is still not fully resolved.

drjamess

Sep 24, 2019
Maryland
Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Could not get on the site and when I finally got onto the site, I was on Rob Lawes's account for some reason.

Rob Lawes

Jun 13, 2012
England
Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Could not get on the site and when I finally got onto the site, I was on Rob Lawes's account for some reason.
wow, I hope not because that's a bit of a security issue and I can't say I'm pleased to hear that. :(

drjamess

Sep 24, 2019
Maryland
Yeah, I went to the How the breakup occurred forum and I was on your account, when I tried to get onto my account it said, "Oops! A security issue is happening.." or something along the lines of that. I didn't get into your account on purpose, it was completely accidental. :>

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2005
Some people are still having problems depending on where they are located so it seems to be a DNS-related issue that is still not fully resolved.
Seems to be ok on my end now. Has anyone tried flushing their resolver DNS cache to see if that makes a difference? I do this periodically just as part of computer clean up.

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
It's been playing up again for me in the last three days.

"No connection" (I could access other websites no problem)

I did notice that a wave of bots registered and were online about a week ago. Would that have anything to do with things ? They all had names that ended in "jst" or something like that IIRC.

chrismireya

Apr 7, 2019
Palo Alto, CA
This website seems to go up and down for me. I've tried accessing it via my PC and laptop as well as my smartphone via my cellular network. Has this been happening more frequently for anyone else?