Anyone else in USA or Canada not receive the Atlantic Daily Bulletin yet

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Anyone reading this who lives in the U.S.A. or Canada and is a member of the British Titanic Society,Did you receive the December issue of the Atlantic Daily Bulletin yet? On January 17,2003 Geoff Whitfield sent me an e-mail stating that a substitute copy would be mailed to my house.Well 41 days later I still have not received the substitute copy.Mr. Whitfield has not replied to my e-mails to him either,the last time he e-mailed me was on January 17,2003.Does anyone know what is going on here? Do you have an explanation Mr. Whitfield? I don't want to be rude but my patience is getting thin. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

B

Brian Hawley

I have not received my ADB either Jerry (and I live in the US). I understand there was a mistake with the mail back in December so I am not too miffed. On the other hand though some of my friends in other states have received their copy so I am starting to get concerned. Regarding Geoff, he is planning the April BTS convention so I am sure he is swamped right now.

Brian

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Not here in South Scarolina either. If it was a second mistake on the part of the post, I would hope everybody would be appropriately miffed. Remailing couldn't have been cheap. If it's just my subscription expiring, I hope I get the renewal notice soon so I can keep on getting it. The ADB may not be the thickest of the publications offered by the Titanic societies, but it's certainly one of the most substantive!

And I really want to see that article on Hitchens!
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2000
Fear not, replacements have been sent to all overseas members whether they received the original copy or not. Two sacks of overseas mail went missing after being mailed - some of the missing Bulletins have reached their destination and it appears that others have not. Unfortunately, the volume of items to be sent has meant having copies re-printed, this took longer as the original plates had been destroyed.
please be patient and allow a further ten days. If it still hasn't arrived - please contact me.
Unfortunately, the mail's mistake has cost us around £500, which in these days of declining interest and falling memberships, is no small amount. At some point, the original is bound to turn up - please don't send it back to me!

Geoff

Nov 22, 2000
Michael, I wish there was a way. They wriggled out of it by saying I should have got a receipt for each one before I posted it! I'd have been about two years filling in the forms!
Thanks Ing!!

May 8, 2001
Nothing out in the left coast either! Geoff, to save BTS money, and make certain this does not happen again, how about we all just fly there and personally get our copies each month!!
Geeze, do I have to think of EVERYTHING!?

Dec 6, 2000
Thanks for the info, Geoff!

An idea, to the BTS benefits, for those who end up with two copies - give the extra copy to a friend, who might be willing to join up!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
I haven't received ANY issues of ADB, Geoff. I figure I'm due three since I sent you my payment. Of course, if they eventually DO turn up as extra copies, they will be returned at my expense.

Kyrila

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Well Geoff, I have been trying and trying to be very patient.And by you ignoring my last 2 e-mails to you makes me think you don't want to resolve this crisis in a cordial manner.I am very disappointed that you chose to ignore the last 2 e-mails I sent to you.I could very much understand that the post office lost the copies of the Atlantic Daily Bulletin.And again by ignoring the e-mails makes me think that you don't want to help me and you seem to acting very unfriendly to me.I didn't know what else to do the only option I had left to get an answer from you was to start this thread.So Geoff do you care to explain why you chose to ignore the e-mails I sent to you. From a very angry member of BTS,Jerry Nuovo

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Resolve it off-line, Jerry. ET is not an agent of the BTS or any other Titanic organisation. Whatever gripes you have do not belong on this messageboard.

Speaking personally, I have utter faith in the integrity of Geoff Whitfield and the BTS - they have never let me down, and Geoff himself has proved in every dealing I have had with him and with the BTS to be the very epitome of honesty, hard work and every sterling quality you could name. There is no member of the Titanic community - either on or off-line - that I hold in higher regard than Geoff Whitfield.