Anyone ever hear of author Les Streater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Norton

Oct 19, 2000
I have been contacted by a man who claims to have written books on the Aquitania and the Queen Mary and he now wants to write a book on the Imperator/Berengaria and wants to "borrow" all of my Imperator postcards and memoribillia. He lives in England, I live in Utah. If he's not on the up and up I could get screwed out of all my stuff. Anyone ever hear of him?

Mike Norton

[email protected]

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Not me, but he may be a new guy on the block. Did you ask him if he has a publisher lined up? If he can name a publisher he has a contract with, you may be able to check him out. There may be other ways as well, and we have some authors here who may be able to help out. If you can't find any info on him though, I'd be very wary about dealing with him. Theft of material, I understand is a big problem.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Hi Tracy

You wrote: > looked the guy up on Amazon.....if he'd written books, they'd be listed, even if they were out of print. I came up with absolutely nothing on him <

This is not necessarily true. Not all books or authors are represented by any one book company. This is usually determined as to whether or not the company carries the publisher of the books. Some publishers are 'small house' and are not carried by Amazon, Barnes and Noble and the others.

Best regards,
Cook

Mike Norton

Oct 19, 2000
Well, I have found out that he has indeed published a couple of books in the UK for a small publishing firm that does mostly history related books. So, it seems as if this guy is on the up and up.

Thanks for the help guys.

Mike Norton

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.