Anyone with TITANIC relatives here

Aug 6, 2006
My great uncle was Reginald Lee ,one of the 2 men in the crows nest . We hope that we are able to locate relatives through this website . We never have had any contact with relatives . We live in London Ontario Canada . My grandmother ,Marion Lee ,R R Lee 's sister , came to Montreal around 1910 or so . If anyone can be of any help in this matter ,it would be appreciated . Glenn Lee Lawrenson

Sep 27, 2006
My father was the nephew of Samuel Herman. We have relatives in England who have done a very elaborate Herman family history. I was wondering if any of the descendants of Samuel Herman use this site? Thanks

Andrew Y Liu

Sep 4, 2006
hello Margaret, i do not know if any of the descendants use this site. I was just wondering if you have the family tree of the Herman family History. I would like to know more about them. thanks

Feb 5, 2007
My 3rd grade teacher was related to Murdoch at least i think he was they look the same have the same second name and he always said his great grandfather was on the titanic when it sank

Oct 14, 2004
hi i am the only granddaughter of arthur john priest, there are 5 grandsons,there may at least 10 great grandchildren, and possible 14 or more great great grandchildren, many to carry on the family name, if there is anyone out there who can help me to put my family tree together i would be grateful. wendy

Apr 1, 2007
My wife Barbara's grandmother was Miss Emily Borie Ryerson, first class passenger.

Arthur Larned Ryerson, Emily's father, who died on the Titanic, has about 42 living descendants.

Jan 25, 2008
Hi everyone from Canada.

My name is Vaughan Lightowler. I'm a transplanted Brit, having been brought here by my parents in the late 50's, from W Yorkshire. It's always been rumoured that C.H. Lightoller, 2nd Officer and senior surviving officer, is a distant relative.

Some day, we'll find out, I'm sure.

It's quite entertaining reading these threads.
Thanks!
Vaughan

Mar 17, 2008
My greatgrandfather is James Keegan.He was the leading fireman on Titanic's sea trials and he was listed as one of the victims of the disaster.
This fact is untrue and it has been recorded in the United States senate and elsewhere.
In the Merseyside Maritime Museum Liverpool they have a cabinet dedicated to him and they even have commemorative items relating to the crew who were lost with the titanic and he was at the time still considered lost by the white star line...strange but true, but he missed the maiden voyage for some reason unknown to the whole family. Peple didn't talk much in the old days about things so he took it to his grave.So I was surprised to say the least that the encyclopedia titanica website also has him as a victim of the disaster.Not true fortunately for me and all his descendants.I have a picture of him and it is available to view if you e mail me dcbmckenna@hotmail.com

Apr 27, 2003
Hello Bernard - Thanks for the above - most interesting - but . . .
The Titanic Relief Fund along with many other Public bodies thought he was dead and paid a considerable sum of money to his wife and dependents - please see below:

Keegan, James. Lived at 2 Crosshouse Road, Chapel, Southampton. Occupation - Leading Fireman. 38 years old. (Born in Liverpool).
(From: Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklet, March 1913)
Number 156. Keegan, Alice Maud, widow. Children: Joseph John; Lawrence; Sydney Francis; Alice Ellen. Dunhill, (or Keegan) Mrs. mother. All class F dependants.
(From the Titanic Relief Fund Minute Book number 2, Southampton Area)
Date January 29th 1914.
Case number C156. That Mrs. Durnil (Partial dependent) mother, at Liverpool be granted the sum of 3/- per week from the Compassionate Fund for three months in account of ill-health and the scale of 3/- per week for medicine be submitted to the Liverpool Committee.
(From Titanic Memorial Fund Relief Book number 3 - 23rd June 1928)
Case number C156. It was agreed that an allowance of 11/6d per week be paid for another year for Alice Keegan.
Date 19th April 1914.
Case number C156. In reference to an anonymous letter which had been received in which it is stated that a very unsatisfactory condition of things exist in this case - It was decided to ask the Inspector of the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) to keep observation and report to the Committee.
Date 26th June 1914.
Case number C156. The Secretary reported that the result of the several visits by the NSPCC's officer ref. this case and it was resolved that the Society be asked to continue observation.
(From the Titanic Relief Fund Minute Book number 3, Southampton Area)
Date December 26th June 1924.
Case number 156.
The Committee was authorise continuance of all allowances for one more year.

Bernard do the names match up with your family? I would be most surprised if all of them were a party to this.
I would appreciate your comments.
Best regards

Brian

Marko LULIC

Oct 28, 2006
Hi,

My great grandfather was Titanic passenger.
Pass. ticket number 315098,£8 13s 3d boarded
at Southampton as a 3rd class passenger.
Survivor.Saved by lifeboat no 15.His name is
Nikola Lulic.

Apr 17, 2008
Canada
My great grandfather was Henry James Beauchamp, 2nd Class Passenger who perished. I'm new to this site and looking forward to getting some more information to add to what I have. Unfortunately, some of the records from that era are incorrect such as my Grt. G/Father's age was listed as 28 but was in fact 42. I did a fair amount of research many years ago but took a hiatus .. now I'm back and looking forward to getting my teeth into this again! I will be posting more information about my Grt. Grandfather under the Passenger Research soon.

H

Holly Peterson

My great-great uncle, a young shoemaker from Sweden named Johan Hagglund, had purchased a ticket to travel on the Titanic, but some men he befriended in a hotel stole it from him. His family didn't know he wasn't on the Titanic and when it sunk they all thought he had lost his life. Just imagine their relief when he wrote a letter saying he was safe and sound! I always wonder who the thief was, or if they even used the ticket to board the Titanic.

Rachel Mines

Jun 2, 2008
My great-uncle was David Livshin (travelling as Abraham Harmer). He was a third-class passenger. The family believes he died on one of the lifeboats (possibly Collapsible B) and was buried from the Carpathia. David was, apparently, sharing a cabin with Harry Corn, who died in the sinking. If anyone has any info on either David or Harry Corn - or, for that matter, on the "real" Abraham Harmer - I'd love to find out more!

Feb 23, 2007
My Grandfather, Greatgrandmother, and Greatgrandfather were 3rd class passengers. Grandfather and Greatgrandmother were saved in collapsible D Greatgrandfather perished. Frank John Goldsmith perished. Frank J. W. Goldsmith and Emily Goldsmith survived.

J

james bailie blackburn

my grandfather joe blackburn worked in the yard at the time titanic was built he was english. i got a job in 1956 on board mv glenmore american gent owned it i was interview for the job as chef the glenmore was in the thompson dry dock at the time, we sailed a few days later from thompson warft i worked for 14 months best time of my life.

ASHL3Y

Aug 8, 2012
hello Hidlur!
ive been told i am a distant relative of the Panulas too, i have not been able to get too much info on it so if you can, please tell me anything you know about them. im always up for learning about some history!
- Ashley

Samy Leroy

Mar 31, 2014
I am doing a picture about the Titanic disaster, it is going to be a documentary and I would very much like to discuss it with you. If we could talk about Reginald Lee one day.