Anyone witness QM2 and QM1 together

rob scott

May 4, 2004
I've never seen the qmary live,
so eyeopening to see them in profile in that second pic with the progress of ship aerodynamic and design from 1934-5 to 2001-2.
happy.gif

John Zoppina

Feb 5, 2005
It is, isn't it? But also a little scary to think about it. It makes you wonder where naval architecture will lead to next--I tend to like the older style of the Queen Mary. But that's just my humble opinion
happy.gif

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
I was there for the event and was directly across from the Queen Mary on the marina shoreline. I would estimate that there were at least 15,000 people out for the event, but there could have been more. I went on my lunch break and drove down from Hollywood and almost didn't make it in time because of the traffic that the event was causing. It was as if all of Long Beach had gone out to see it. There were thousands of people on the shore, on top of the skyscrapers of downtown, and of course, crowded on the stern of the Queen Mary and on the QM2. The highlight to me was hearing the Queen answer the QM2 with her still commanding whistles which brought loud cheers from the huge crowds. Definitely a historic event and I felt fortunate to be there.