April 13 2004 Texas Embassy Cafe

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
To: Ben Holme, Jenna Hyder, Paul Rogers, Paul Lee, Iain Yardley, and anyone else who lives in or around London:

For next April:
Jason and I will be in London, and on Tuesday, April 13, 2004, to celebrate our last night in town (we'll be heading down to Southampton, for the QM2 crossing, on the 14th), we will be having dinner at the Texas Embassy Cafe.

We do hope you can join us, that evening. Let me know if you can attend.

Inger: Let me know if you will be in London, to join us, as well.

I'm thinking of us getting together at 7:00 PM.
It will be great to see everyone!!

The first round of drinks will have to be my treat.
smile.gif
grin.gif

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Would love to see the two of you, of course! Plans are flexible at this stage - and everyone might be knackered from the research whirl that occurs around the BTS convention - but the beauty of the Texas Embassy gatherings is that they can be pulled together at fairly short notice. Well, except for our favourite out of towners who actually have lives and committments and might need some forewarning...

Shane Kurup

Jan 4, 2001
Hey Guys-

I hope to make this one, as I won't be able to make it to the BTS gathering this year, due to a trip to Italy :-( I haven't seen you all for ages! Hope you have all been keeping well.

Shane :)

Mar 28, 2002
I'll try and get there - can't promise anything as it's mid-week and I seem to have booked all my holiday from work. But it's a party so I'll do me best!

Cheers,

Boz

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi John and all,

I can't envisage any problem with 13th at present, and it would be great to meet you and Jason for the first time, as well as catch up with other chums who may not be able to attend the convention!

Will let you know nearer the time, and will drop poor "netless" Jemma a line, in the meantime, and see if she's available.

All the best,
Ben

Shane Kurup

Jan 4, 2001
Ah- My sister's birthday is the 13th! I think I'll be doing something with her, so I probably won't be able to make it to the Embassy
sad.gif
Any other days good for people? Jason and John- how long are you in London for?

Shane

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Hi Shane.

I come in on April 7th, and head up to Alnwick on the 9th. I'll be returning on the 12th, and Jason and I are heading to Southampton on the 14th.

Jason is arriving on the 11th, and we'll be staying at the same hotel, The Westland, on 154 Bayswater Road, near Hyde Park and Kensington Palace & Gardens (see their website at http://www.westlandhotel.co.uk/).

Shane Kurup

Jan 4, 2001
Hi John, Jason & co.
Busy schedule!
I'll see nearer the date what my sister will be doing. I'll try my best to make it, but it is most likely that I will be unable to come,
sad.gif
(or I'll have to run in, down a drink and run out!
happy.gif
) in which case, I'll probably see you all BTS 2005 if you can all come!
regards,

Shane

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Thanks for the note, Shane.

Question: do you live between London and Southampton? I also plan to treat Jason to lunch or dinner at The Grapes Pub, in Southampton; just haven't decided if it will be on evening of the 14th, on the 15th, or the early afternoon of the 16th. Perhaps you can join us, then.
That invitation is open to anyone else who may be going down to Southampton, of course (yes, I'm hoping to keep the celebrations going, up to the time Jason and I board the ship).
grin.gif
proud.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
proud.gif
grin.gif

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Anyway, I'll be eagerly waiting to see everyone on April 13th; will be standing close to the entrance of the Texas Embassy (April, unlike July, is not always the time to "get one's feet wet, in Trafalgar Square").
grin.gif

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Ben,

It would be great to meet you as well, so I hope you can make it. I hope Jemma will be there as well.

Hi Shane,

If you can make it and only stay for a short period of time, that's okay. If not, it's totally understandable. As John said, you're more than welcome to join us at the Grapes pub for lunch or dinner and that goes for anyone else.

Hi John,

"(yes, I'm hoping to keep the celebrations going, up to the time Jason and I board the ship)."

So do I!!
happy.gif
grin.gif

"(April, unlike July, is not always the time to "get one's feet wet, in Trafalgar Square")."

Yes, you're quite right. It will still be a little chilly to do that.
grin.gif

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
While you're there, offer me a toast as it's my birthday. A milestone event, but I won't say which one. (Keep quiet, Bob!) I won't be at the Texas Embassy, but I'll be at the Titanic Ship of Dreams in Orlando most likely.

Kyrila

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Your secret is safe with me, Kyrila. Hope you have a nice cake for your birthday, but don't strain yourself trying to blow out all 75 candles at once.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I'll be there!

By the way, if anyone plans to eat a battered chicken steak at the Texas Embassy, let me know, as I can save you some money by bringing an old boot sole with me. ;)

Cheers
Paul

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Well, it's only ten more days until the Texas Embassy gathering on April 13th! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and it should be a grand time.

Inger, I noticed on the BTS thread that you are not at the convention this weekend. Does this mean that you will not be at the gathering on April 13th? I've been so looking forward to meeting you. Hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif