April 2007 Pittsburgh PA LAST DINNER ON THE TITANIC

David McMunn

Mar 31, 2007
Dear friends, since 1991 I have hosted a TITANIC dinner in my home or as a fundraising event for some organization in or around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. where I live. In fact, I was a primary source of information for the book that came out in 1998 with the same title as the subject line above. This year, on the 95th anniversary of the TITANIC sinking, I am coordinating a month-long tribute to the R.M.S. TITANIC at The Acanthus Restaurant, at the Inn on the Mexican War Streets, 604 W. North Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15212, (412) 231-6544. Each Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the month of April you may dine in an atmosphere of elegance and refinement as Executive Chef Doug Ferraro (C.I.A.) recreates the menu that was served to passengers in the first class dining saloon on Sunday, 14 April 1912. If you are in the Pittsburgh, PA area, please do not miss this wonderful opportunity. I will most likely be there each night. I will have my memorabilia collection, prints, and ephemera on display to see as well. Hope to hear from many of you. May God bless TITANIC and all souls sadly lost!

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted to the "Introduce Yourself" topic, has been moved. MAB]

Dec 4, 2000
I have not attended one of David's affairs, but I have had first-hand reports. My spies tell me these events are not to be missed.

-- David G. Brown