Aquitania and Franconia Passenger Manifests

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matthew O'Brien

A friend of mine was cleaning out his grandfather's basement and came across some original Cunard passneger manifests. His relatives traveled on Franconia to Boston in 1911 and Aquitania to New York in 1921. These are original passenger manifests in very good condition. Along with these he found a number of Cunard postcards in their original envelopes. Does anyone know what these items could be worth? I will write with more information later on.

Thanks,

Matt

Jan 5, 2001
At a *guess* -- anything from £10 to £1,000. I've really no idea. But, do you know Steve A. from the Titanic Mailing List? He's looking for Aquitania memorabilia for a website so you'd do well to contact him. Someone here must have a contact for him -- I've not been able to get into yahoo to access the list, but I know several ET regulars post there as well.

Best regards,

Mark.

M

Matthew O'Brien

Mark,

Thanks for that info; where can I find this Titanic mailing list? I've never heard of it and would love to join it. I am going to get a look at everything that he has tonight and will post descriptions as soon as I can.

Thanks again,

Matt

B

Brian Hawley

You can contact Steve Anderson directly at [email protected]. Matthew, I must say though that postcards and passenger lists tend to be fairly common. If the list is for a record breaking crossing, maiden voyage or shows famous passengers it might be worth more. Without seeing the items I would say the lists are worth less than $15 each. Postcards depending on what they show can be $100+ to as little as $1.

Brian

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
E-mail 'subscribe' to '[email protected]'

Close, but no cigar, Mark. The address is right, but the body of the message should be "subscribe titanic" or, for the digest version, "subscribe titanic-digest"; in either case, the quotation marks should not be included.

Jan 5, 2001
Oops. That explains why I was confused -- what's the digest difference?
blush.gif

Best regards,

Mark.

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
The digest accumulates messages and sends them off in a bundle periodically, rather than sending each message as an individual email. I don't know how many messages triggers the sending of a digest, but it seems that there's been one every few days lately.

Jan 5, 2001
Oh! That's my lacking internet terminology.

Thanks. I am on three mailing lists and often get swamped with fifty e-mails, so I sometimes miss other ones. Now I'll change them all to digest :)

Best regards,

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.