Archibald Gracie

Sep 21, 2010
My wife and I attended the Titanic Exhibition recently andI was given the card denoting Col Gracie hence the eason I looked for info on the web. very interesting and enjoyable.

Elmer_Stoup

Jan 5, 2011
Archibald Gracie attended, but did not graduate from, the United States Military Academy, West Point. He had been a member of the Class of 1881. His father, Archibald Gracie, Jr., did graduate as a member of the Class of 1854. [Source: Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the United States Military Academy, commonly cited as the Register of Graduates]

Doug Ketcher

Jan 26, 2013
Just happened to stumble on this article/website as I just watched a History Channel documentary about Titanic that had mention testimony given by Col Gracie. After reading this bio on Gracie, I am surprised that he isn't mentioned more often in Titanic legends and lore. The guy was a hero during the disaster and gave very detailed specifics about the sinking and it's aftermath. I am going to try and find more reference material on this interesting man. Thank You for providing these details of this "gentleman".