Archive through May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
I certainly do not think that Cunard should boast about a waitlist as this is like bragging about a waitlist in a breadline, however to play devil's advocate in Cunard's defense, these would-be passengers should have purchased travel insurance because it is not Cunard's fault that these people cannot meet the ship. Cunard also has every right to sell these cabins at full price. Have you ever had to fly somewhere for a funeral at the last minute? Airlines are rarely sympathetic and generally charge premium prices.
From what I have read, the worst PR seems to be coming directly from Cruise Critic and the other reports seem to be quoting Cruise Critic.
Now if the travel insurance does not cover "acts of God," then I retract everything that I have just said! ;)

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
Because of this volcano in Iceland erupting,I think that because of this volcano problem,it is a good thing that Cunard is giving full credit for a future crossing or cruise for passengers who can not fly into the U.K. to board the QM2 and probably also to board the Queen Victoria since both Cunard Ships sailed from Southampton on April 22nd.It is not the fault of the passengers that they can't get to the ships because of the airline problem caused by the volcano. Regards,Jerry

Oct 1, 2009
Certainly, Cunard was well within their "rights", but that didnt' make it the right thing to do under these circumstances. That's what "public relations" is all about.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
Last week when a Princess Cruise Ship was docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal a gust of wind caused the side of the ship to lean heavily on the gangways causing damage to the gangways.Because of the damage to the gangways the QM2 will now have to dock at the West Side Piers in Manhattan and the QM2 is due in New York next Friday 5-21-10.Here is the link to the story http://www.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1202226 Regards,Jerry

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
Hi Jerry

When we were leaving Brooklyn on 29th April, two tugs were used to pull the QM2 away from the pier so she could move away - we were told this was unusual. Sounds as if the prevailing wind conditions can cause problems occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.