Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2017
If you insist on making false movies about historical events, then you must be willing to take the heat associated with your personal deviations from the original story. In this case, the original story by Titanic's Second Offficer, Charles Lightoller, has been completely thrown out. Up until 1985, before Ballard reported that the hull wreckage was in two pieces and separated by a half mile, every book, movie and article had been written depicting the Titanic sinking intact. This was all thrown out in 1997. This is the man who made a movie about a giant steel ship breaking itself in half while it was sinking on a calm ocean. I think this guy needs to be able to take some "heat" for a movie so contrived as to depict the stern of the Titanic lifting itself out of the water, not once, but twice. Twice=boiling water for the "irritated" movie maker!

Reactions: 1 user

Emilie

Aug 10, 2013
Saint-Étienne, France
Completly agreed.
If he's so «irritable», well he should have made his movie without fictional main plot and characters, eh!
I find his oversensibilty to criticz quite childish sometimes.
He made billions with that film, and it has become a global social phenomena. No wonder then, as with any popular stuff, there's criticism, and counter arguments.

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
I feel like for those who complain about the whole love story, just skip to the collision scenes and most of it is cut out.
I'm guilty of that. As I got older the love story became increasingly ridiculous in my eyes and the main characters terribly flawed. At this point I only watch the sinking.
On the bright side, Nathan Walker's done a fan-edit cutting out the Love Story parts so you can enjoy the historic aspect of it.

Reactions: 1 users

Emilie

Aug 10, 2013
Saint-Étienne, France
I just finished watching it.
He.did a.tremendous job. I particularly appreciates the inclusion of deleted scenes. There Cameron did a.lot of harm in credibility by cutting such important scenes. The Ismay/Lowe exchange.softens and humanize J. Bruce Ismah, he's not the absolute arrogant guy he was, what a shame it.was deleted. (However I'm glad the exaggerated Ismays part on Carpathia went out!) Same with radio.room ones...

Reactions: 1 user

Encyclopedia Titanica

Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Justin Upton's walk-off home run is even better with 'Titanic' music
Detroit Free Press
... major moments take place in sports, such as walk-off home runs, some people - including the folks who run the Twitter accounts @TitanicBaseball and @TitanicHoops - will take those moments and slap the famous "Titanic" soundtrack hit music on there.
MUST SEE: Justin Upton's walk-off home run set to Titanic music will make your dayDetroit Sports Nation

all 169 news articles »

Continue reading...

Encyclopedia Titanica

Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Encyclopedia Titanica

Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Encyclopedia Titanica

Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet Jack and Rose Reunited At French Villa
TMZ.com
The famous "Titanic" couple hung out at Leo's villa in Saint-Tropez, France in late July ... and the 2 are clearly still very tight. Kate was visiting to attend the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation annual charity gala, but the old friends and fellow Oscar ...
Kate Winslet Knows Fans Are Going to Compare Her New Movie to 'Titanic'Us Weekly
Their hearts will go on! Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet enjoy intimate Titanic reunion as they relax poolside in ...Daily Mail

all 4 news articles »

Continue reading...

Emilie

Aug 10, 2013
Saint-Étienne, France
I wish they could re release the movie here in France on big screen again, in English with subtitles, and in long version, adding de deleted scenes.
Unfortunately we don't have Odeon franchise there. Maybe UGC Ciné-Cités or Gaumont could partner.... I doubt it will be done, thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.