Arctic Manifest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if someone would point me in the right direction. I am looking for the cargo manifest for the "Arctic" to England from NY August 22, 1853. Thank you in advance.

The manifest does exist. I have seen it re-written online but cannot remember where. I found it during a google search. Probably under "collins line" and it was under an insurance company's file folder which popped up around page number 120 of over 250 page results. Happy hunting.

Jim Kalafus would know or have an idea where to hunt for it and if not him then I'm sure somebody else would have an idea! Any treasure hunters out there who want to take up the challenge?

Thank you kind Sirs! To be more specific as to not cause a goose chase... I am looking for a specific item that belonged to a particular individual. I may be under the mistaken impression that an item of value would have been registered on a ships manifest. To be even more specific I am looking for documentation with regards to one Mr. Daniel E. Sickles (aka Sickels) and/or a very rare Colt's Hartford Dragoon pistol I am in possession. Five years of research and many speculative facts from how he obtained it, brought it to England (where it was proofed under the 1855 Proof Act) used to murder Philip Barton Key, repaired in 1861 at Colt's plant and lost at Gettysburg, have led me to this assertion, but I have yet to find a single reference to hands on ownership. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.