Are the popular music records of 19001912 available online as mp3 recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2002
I am a huge fan of 1930s,40s and 50s radio drama, and downloaded a library of mp3 recordings of my favorites shows....
I would love to build a library of music that was popular music from the time of the advent of the phonograph up until about 1920. Rather than track down the actual discs- does anyone know if recordings of these songs are available anywhere online as mp3 recordings?
I'm not referring to modern re-recordings of these sings (Like the 'Jack Binns' song), but rather recordings of the ORIGINAL records, hisses and all ...

May 27, 2007
Tarn-

I'm not referring to modern re-recordings of these sings (Like the 'Jack Binns' song), but rather recordings of the ORIGINAL records, hisses and all

Check out all the antique stores near you. I always finding records. No any old one but you might get lucky. I found some from the early 50's I think one time.

Jan 7, 2002
Hi George..
Im not after the original record discs- I'm just after the audio recordings of what is on those discs, preferably in mp3 file format...

May 27, 2007
Good Luck. You could search the Internet Tarn and see what you can find. EBay might have something. Check some online companies. Napster might have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.