Are the Titanic Artifact Exhibits becoming too common and widespread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2002
Call me a fuddy duddy, but i miss the days of 1 large Titanic artifact exhibition touring North america, and 1 touring Europe. Now there are so many of them going on at once, it seems almost commonplace- The exhibits are very special things indeed- but having so many of them going on does seem to make the experience less unique, and spreads the artifacts out thin. I could be wrong- i understand the perspective of the exhibit promoters and operators- to make a profit- but could saturating the marketplace with abundant titanic exhibitions stifle public interest in the subject? What do you think?

May 1, 2007
I agree in part- I think you do lose some of that feeling that you're experiencing something special that not many will get to see. On the other hand, I don't get to travel very much, so I think it's good for people who may not have had the chance to see the artifacts in years past.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>but could saturating the marketplace with abundant titanic exhibitions stifle public interest in the subject?<<

Hard to say, Public fads and fashions are nothing if not fickle and what's hot today may be recieved with a rousing "So what?" tomorrow. At the very least, the exhibitions at least keep the ship in the public eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.