Are They Going To Build Titanic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt Newman

Ever since 'Titanic' came out in 97 I've heard rumors that somebody is actually building 2 or 3 ships that are supposed to look just like the Titanic, but have modern day technology. Anybody know or hear anything about this? Thanx. Matt.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Matt, It isn't going to happen, for reasons detailed elsewhere on this forum. In the enthusiasm over Cameron's movie all sorts of wild ideas were put about, sometimes by teenagers without a dime to their names. The sorry tale is on http://www.put.com/g igantic/

Mark Taylor

Feb 20, 2001
Some dreams never die!
happy.gif

E

Eric Marshall Schoonmaker

I've got this pictureof of proposed renovations on a new titanic, but I would have to agree that it will NEVER happen. Much as I would love to see it, it would probably disappear within a year or two and be a total loss of money for the people making it. It just isn't practical. think of how demeaning it would be to see the "ship of dreams" that is so revered in our eyes to be rebuilt in a fashion that was not like the original and then scrapped shortly thereafter because of lack of public interest...

E

Eric Marshall Schoonmaker

Believe it or not this is comprised of three pictures that I fused together in posting. I happen to think it came out alright. Let me know what you think.
28589.gif
28590.gif
28591.gif

M

Matt Newman

You all are probably right...It will never happen. But it is a nice dream. Maybe if I were to win the lottery..."heavy sigh" Once again, dream on Matt. Someone just slap me. lol. I do like the plans seen here . Wouldn't be a bad idea after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.