1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. More information
    Dismiss Notice

Artifacts 7-2018

Discussion in 'Titanic News' started by Steven Christian, Jul 24, 2018.

1. I do hope they are able to keep these together and I think the Titanic Quarter would be the best spot for them. I've seen most of these artifacts at different exhibits. The last one was in Las Vegas. They are impressive. I might be mistaken but I thought the original agreement on the salvage of these was that if they were ever sold they would go to museums only for the benefit of the public. But I guess that got changed or something. Anyway I hope they can keep them together for all to see.
    Titanic artefacts could return to Belfast

2. Platnmz

Platnmz Member

I generally agree with you. I would only add, that I believe any items that they know with a certainly from whom they belong, they should give them to the families of that individual. After visiting an exhibit when it was in Michigan, I felt that all of the artifacts and the site itself should have been left undisturbed. Any of the other items already recovered should go back to Titanic Belfast. I hope they don't just sell it off to the highest bidder, it would disrespect the memories of everyone aboard the Titanic.