Artist Wesley Turner Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Burns

Dec 4, 2003
Hi All,

I recently bought a small framed print by Wesley Turner depicting the torpedoing of the Lusitania. Included in the frame are a split replica Lusitania medal (obverse and reverse), and the whole thing was accompanied by a certificate of authenticity. Does anyone know anything about Turner? I've tried googling on his name, but so far have drawn a blank...

Regards,

Greg
www.LusitaniaMedal.com

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
The print is quite famous, and it is pictured in my History textbook here. If its original, then it should be worth quite a lot, but I have never seen it sold before.....

Greg Burns

Dec 4, 2003
Yes, it looks like a nicely made item, though rather small (only about 4" X 6" or slightly bigger). The framing is well done, and the COA reports that it is number 19 of only 500 made. I would like to learn more about it, what prompted this artist to make it, how he marketed it, and what other items he may have put together in a similar vein.

The COA mentions Ballard's 1993 efforts, so at least that puts a chronological boundry on how early it was produced. Have you any idea in what year it was made?

Thanks,

Greg
www.LusitaniaMedal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.