As 2012 approachesWhat is the proper way to remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve b

Ive given this subject a lot of thought, and just can never come up with a way that seems suitable for rememberance of Titanic, her crew, everyone who so sadly lost theyre lives that night, and the families they left behind. A simple comemeration ceromy somehow doesnt seem right, for this event impacted many people over the course of time, and im thinking any rememberance should reflect that. On a related subject, where should this ceremony take place in the opinion of all here? My personal thought..Ireland, for that is where Titanics roots are, along with all the men who tirelessly worked to assemble her. Im interested in knowing everyones thoughts, so as always, god bless you all, and happy St Patricks Day as it approaches!

Dec 31, 2000
Either South Hampton or Queenstown. Maybe both?
How about a tribute tour in the year 2012, starting on 10 April? Starting with Belfast, where she started out, ending in New York, where she was supposed to dock. Don't forget Halifax before we get to New York!

J

jean leysman

Yes Steve, what is the appropiate way to remember a night as tragic as this? I think simply not forgetting what happened and keeping the remembrance alive, as we do on this panel, is a good start to pay tribute to those who died in the Atlantic the night of april 14th 1912.
Ofcourse it also would be great if the Titanic II could sail by 2012 from Belfast, then Southampton, Cherbourg, Cobh (Queenstown) and then let her dock in New York...

Jean

S

steve b

Maybe i will sound stupid for saying this, but oh well it wouldnt be the first time
happy.gif
But somehow i think you have to find a way to find a balance. The very first thing that should be done at the outset of any kind of rememberance is to honor all that tragically passed away that night. Maybe a second of silence for each person who passed away that night? Maybe have some of the passengers living relatives speak about theyre loved ones and what this event meant to them. But i also feel you would be remiss if you do somehow didnt remember Titanic herself. After all, it was a tragedy that such a beautiful thing was lost to unfornuate human error. But you cannot deny the spectacle that Titanic was. And yes, having Titanic2 sail from the place that gave birth to the original Titanic and touring all of Titanics intended destinations and historically impacted places would be a beautiful thing. Titanic was made with a vision to the future, as so should the new Titanic. Thats my thoughts, feel free to tear them to shreds if you wish..As always, God Bless one and all...Steve

S

Stacie Crowther

I think all Titanic enthusiasts should board the Titanic replica (if it ever happens) and sail the same dates, times and out of the same ports as the Titanic did. We would all adopt the Edwardian life styles, including dress, mannerisms... That would be a wonderful way to remember the Great Ship's splendor along with the great personalities aboard her. (All ET members would travel at bonus rates of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.