Ash Ejectors

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

Hi Cam,

I'm not so sure. After consulting my copy of TTSM Volume 1, it does not appear that they have anything to do with the ballast, bilge pumps, or soil pipes.
Hey Jason,

Ah, thank you. I should consult my copy as well. Thanks for the tip/help!
I do not think those portholes are involved with the Ash Ejectors personally, as those were Located on E-Deck, and had a stairwell down to F-Deck, presumably for dumping the ash there?

Jason D. Tiller

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
Ah, thank you. I should consult my copy as well. Thanks for the tip/help!
You're welcome!

I do not think those portholes are involved with the Ash Ejectors personally, as those were Located on E-Deck, and had a stairwell down to F-Deck, presumably for dumping the ash there?
On E-Deck, yes the ash could be dumped through doors on the ship's side to the pier or a barge.

B

Bill West

Two items for RJ Letrent's post#27 about the many outlets near the waterline:
-TRMA Reference Library - Titanic Research Articles has "Olympic Discharges" in the bottom group. This is a list Ralph Currell found of all the sanitary outlets.
-OlyEngrOutletsR1.pdf attached is a parallel list I made of all the engineering outlets that I could find on the various plans.

The 2 lists tally to a surprising 700 holes in the hull. Sure made for a lot of inspection during annual drydocking!

Bill

Attachments

• OlyEngrOutletsR1.pdf
    570.6 KB · Views: 27
R

RJ Letrent

Two items for RJ Letrent's post#27 about the many outlets near the waterline:
-TRMA Reference Library - Titanic Research Articles has "Olympic Discharges" in the bottom group. This is a list Ralph Currell found of all the sanitary outlets.
-OlyEngrOutletsR1.pdf attached is a parallel list I made of all the engineering outlets that I could find on the various plans.

The 2 lists tally to a surprising 700 holes in the hull. Sure made for a lot of inspection during annual drydocking!

Bill
Thank you for the explanation... amazing stuff.