Assistance requested value of Olympic and Britannic launch day booklets

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephen Thompson

Greetings to the Forum!

I am a new member who has had an interest in the Titanic dating back to 1990.

I am currently the owner of 2 White Star launch day booklets, one on the Britannic the other on the Olympic. They are genuine and complete the only signs of age being some wear on the covers however the pages are in pristine condition.

In 1994 I purchased these booklets in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada at a well respected bookstore called Athabasca Books. For many years prior to this I had read up on the Titanic and knew all about her sister ships. Seeing these booklets I realized the historical significance and purchased them.

I am contemplating whether or not to sell these booklets and was hoping to get some assistance from someone who is knowledgeable about the value of this type of item.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Steve
(Wilddogsam)

Feb 24, 2004
Hi Steve-
Frankly I have no idea about what the value of these might be - All I can tell you is that there are some hard-core collectors of both of these ships, and even Titanic/ White Star Line people would be interested too. Being a Titanic collector myself, my interest would lean more towards the Olympic book since the Olympic was the actual sister ship and much of the advertising for the Titanic advertises the Olympic at the same time. Does the Olympic book mention the Titanic at all?

T

trevor ward powell

Hi Stephen,

Last autumn there was an Olympic launch booklet up on ebay. The piece sold for roughly around $150.00

Status
Not open for further replies.