Atlantic Liners Trio of Trios Now Available

Mar 27, 2004
New York State, United States
I just thought everyone on this site would like to hear: Atlantic Liners: A Trio of Trios is being re-released in very short order. Further details are available on this page of my site:

http://www.atlanticliners.com/atlantic_liners_book.htm

The volume will contain a tremendous amount of new information and a wealth of photographic information, much of it never before published. There will be quite a lot of new information on the Titanic contained within its pages, as well, in addition to that presented for the other ships under consideration.

Stay tuned for further details. Take care, everyone!

Mar 27, 2004
Michael,

Thanks for the kind words about the Lusitania project. This will include some information on the Lusitania which did not even make it into that volume. There is also plenty of fresh information on the other ships, as well.

;)

As to availability -- it should be available for order through me directly very shortly. As far as orders through retailers, that will take longer. The hardcover will be available first, and the softcover will be some time after that. Hopefully this helps you out somewhat, but I will make sure to stop back and keep everyone posted with any further developments.

Take care!

Mar 27, 2004
Just to let everyone over here know, things have been progressing well on the new version of Atlantic Liners: A Trio of Trios since my last post. The hardcover should be available to everyone around March 15, 2009.

Full details are available here:
http://www.atlanticliners.com/atlantic_liners_book.htm

I have set up pre-ordering (including some pre-order specials) through my site's virtual partner, TMB Studios. Please remember that the hardcover will not have an ISBN number, and so will not be available through general retailers. The softcover format, which will be available through book stores, will not be released for 1-2 months after the hardcover goes to press.

For those of you who frequent my site, please be aware that I am in the midst of re-designing it in order to better blend in with the new book and its contents. Some of the pages have the new design, and some still retain the old style, but that will be changing as I move forward with the transition.

The Titanic chapter has been completely revised and overhauled with some of (what to me) was very exciting research and new information. I think everyone here will really enjoy reading it. The book, in finished format, consists of 434 pages and contains over 700 photographs. I am inserting a preview of the cover, as well.

135281.jpg

Cover Photo: Chirnside/Klistorner/Layton Collection

Take care, everyone, and enjoy both the new book and the new site!

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 31, 2005
Kent, I can't wait to see this. I know the tremendous amount of work that you have been putting into it, and know it will be extremely worthwhile.

All my best,
Tad

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Dear Kent,

Hope you have been well. I must say, the new cover looks great! Excellent really. I hope my suggestions were of some use. Looking forward to my copy like everyone else!

Best as always,
Eric

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
Having known the effort that Kent put into this new version, it promises to be one of the best written and most thoroughly researched book of its kind. A great addition to anyone's collection.

Mar 27, 2004
Hello, everyone!

Thank you all for your positive input and encouragement. Eric, I'm very glad that you like the cover -- your behind-the-scenes input on it was very helpful in figuring out where to go next.
happy.gif

The cover art was wholly executed by my resident graphic artist, and she is exceedingly pleased that everyone is enjoying the cover so much.

As for the content, there are indeed some incredible things that were turned up to include. Everyone should really enjoy reading the Titanic chapter, in particular. That segment of the book alone took the better part of a year to produce, and I must take the opportunity to thank everyone who was involved in the behind-the-scenes research that went into the publication. Without your assistance, the book would not have come out as well as it has. Thank you again. Take care, everyone!

Mar 27, 2004
I've been getting remarkably positive feedback on the cover since the previews went out. I honestly can't think of a cover that I would prefer, and I'm glad that everyone is enjoying it. My resident graphic artist is pleased to hear the feedback, as well.

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 31, 2005
Well deserved compliments in my opinion Kent, the cover looks fantastic. And as far as not judging a book by its cover, in this case I am fully confident knowing the work you've put into this that the contents will be just as great as the cover.

Take care,
Tad

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
"Eric, I'm very glad that you like the cover -- your behind-the-scenes input on it was very helpful in figuring out where to go next."

My pleasure Kent. I do look forward to seeing my copy! I am very happy you were able to use the image you liked, and with just a few alterations to balance out the negative space it now looks superb. Your designer should be quite proud. Nicest cover I have seen in a while. Something a little different!
happy.gif

Best wishes,
Eric

Mar 27, 2004
Tad & Eric,

Many thanks for your comments. I certainly hope that everyone enjoys the contents of the book as much as the cover.
happy.gif

>>"I am very happy you were able to use the image you liked, and with just a few alterations to balance out the negative space it now looks superb. Your designer should be quite proud. Nicest cover I have seen in a while. Something a little different!"<<

Indeed, she doesn't have a clue what to say with all the positive feedback that has been flowing in during the past week. It is the perfect cover for the book, without question, so original that it really makes the book stand out. Thanks to everyone for the feedback on it -- from me and from its designer.
happy.gif
Take care!