Atlantic Liners Trio of Trios Now Available

Mar 27, 2004
New York State, United States
I just wanted to drop everyone here a line to let them know about some developments with the softcover-format of this publication:

Plans to go ahead with the softcover version, (which was the version that was to have the ISBN number and would have been available through retailers such as Amazon.com, etc.,) have been postponed indefinitely, due to some alterations in the publisher's available formats.

The hardcover format's release remains unchanged, but it will only be available through my site (via TMBStudios, or directly from my site via Amazon Payments), from me on eBay after release, or from the publisher's bookstore.

Although I must admit this news is rather disappointing, at least the hardcover has not been affected by this change. Take care, everyone!

Mar 27, 2004
Just a line to let everyone here know: the hardcover 2009 version is now in stock and ready to ship (at least until stock is depleted). I have made copies available from me direct through my virtual store, TMB Studios, direct from my site via Amazon payments (US only), and with authorized listing(s) on eBay. Check my site for further details, and preview pages of the book (on the "Atlantic Liners Book Page").

Take care, everyone!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I'm glad I got my order in two months ago. I have something new to look forward to. Now if I can just clear out the old pile of junk mail and catalogues mixed up in my book mountain so I have the room to keep it...

Mar 27, 2004
Sam,

;)

That's happened to us more than once... one time someone actually reported the charge as fraudulent without contacting the store first -- that was a tough one to clean up.

OK, on my way out (again). Have some books to ship tomorrow and a lot of packages to put together tonight, but that is a good problem. Take care!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>That's happened to us more than once... one time someone actually reported the charge as fraudulent without contacting the store first -- that was a tough one to clean up. <<

It surprised me too when I recieved my statement, but then I double checked my e-mail confirmation and realized that all was in order. I'll be keeping my eye on my mailbox!

Mar 27, 2004
I am pleased to report that all pre-orders have now been shipped. I was up to my armpits in a mountain of shipping labels, packaging, wrapping, and signed and numbered sheets, but it should be all set now. (Mr. Stover, you might want to check your e-mail regarding your order.)

The special pricing on orders through TMB Studios and Amazon Direct will end this Sunday night/Monday morning (US Eastern Time). Orders are coming in so quickly that I am going to have to go back to the publisher to replenish my own stock!

I hope everyone enjoys this book when it arrives. Two years of hard labor are finally paying off. Take care, everyone!

Apr 3, 2005
It's no problem at all Mr. layton...Just happy i have a Titanic book to read again. (Any other liners included are an added bonus imho...hehe)

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Since I wasn't home when the book came by post, I'm going to have to go to the Post Office in the morning to get it. (Insured packages require signitures.) At least I know where it is so I'll be going to fetch it first thing.

Mar 27, 2004
Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about that inconvenience. The interesting thing is that I specifically de-select "signature confirmation" on all these packages to prevent such problems. Perhaps I forgot to uncheck it on that package; let me know how it works out.

I really hope that you enjoy the book when it arrives. Stock is running out fast and I've had to place another order with the publisher!

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 31, 2005
I just received Kent's book yesterday, and after sitting down with it for a bit yesterday (I just started to scratch the surface), I am very impressed and know it will be one I will be highly recommending that people order a copy of.

Nice work Kent!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I just picked up my copy at the Post Office this morning. The only bone I would have to pick would be with them since there was a nice sized tear in the shipping envelope. Fortunately...very fortunately...the book itself was undamaged. The wrapping on the inside saved the day.

I started going through it this morning when I went to a local IHOP for breakfast. Everything I've seen thus far exceeds my expectations and then some. Damned good job!

Mar 27, 2004
Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback! When I start to hear feedback like that, it begins to make the work all worthwhile.

happy.gif

Michael, I'm very surprised to hear about the torn package, but I'm very glad to hear that the inner wrapping "saved the day." Take care, everyone!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Michael, I'm very surprised to hear about the torn package,<<

Wish I could say I was, but it was in the hands of the U.S. Postal Service. I'm long past being surprised at anything they screw up. I just hope that this isn't something they're making a habit of. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot any of us can do about it but since the packages are insured, if they do some damage, at least it'll cost them.

I don't know if it'll help but the next time you send some packages out, you might want to let somebody who can take care of things know about this.