Attention Aussies Titanic's Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Cooee cobbers, as Australians don't say. On Wednesday 19 May, the ABC will be showing Titanic's Ghosts at 9-30 p.m.

This recent documentary is about the Titanic victims buried in Halifax and covers investigations that led to the identification of Eino Panula and other matters.

A

Alex McLean

Cheers, Dave,
I'll let my folks know and get them to tape it for me.
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Jun 4, 2000
I saw the ad for it last night and plan to have a tape ready and waiting. It's rare to have a Titanic related doco on the goggle box, so I intend to make the most of it.

Deborah, based on the ad I saw, the info in the link Dave provided, and docos that have been discussed on this board, I'd say you're right. (Although I notice that the notes for the program are a bit awry: '...This moving documentary begins back in 1915 with the rescue operation to collect the bodies from the ocean...' Er, rightio.)

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
I was brought up short by the ad's earnestly intoned information that 150 bodies were recovered.

Be interesting to watch it - ta for bringing it up, Dave. Footage of Halifax in the snow as shown in the commercial was strangely poignant.

Adam Usher

Oct 26, 2004
This programme was shown on the national geographic channel not long ago and i found it very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.