Attention ET Fashionistas or Those Who Love Them

May 12, 2005
Hey All You Gals and Gal-Lovers,

Be advised that I am selling a great many items from my collection of antique women's clothing as I dearly need the X-tra moola to go toward a very sweet little "Lady Duff" item that I am pining away for & cannot afford otherwise! Also with moving and all, I really no longer have the space to store all these things.

I was going to sell thru eBay - and may yet - but I thought I would try and see if The ET Bunch here is interested in anything first. I am eager that these dear relics of fashion eras past, which have meant so much to me, find new homes where they will be loved and protected.

I will negotiate price privately with those interested in buying any of the articles listed below. I am not able to post images but I will try and describe them as thoroughly as possible. I assure you they are all authentic.

WEDDING GOWN, circa 1912-14:

Beaded ivory chiffon & satin brocade, empire waist, three-quarter sleeves, tapered, ankle-length "hobble skirt" with narrow train, weighted at end. Very good condition. Size: probably modern size 6. No label in tact but VERY Lucilesque in style. Would like $50 for this (a HUGE discount I promise you).

SKIRT, circa 1910-12:

Black crepe, straight-line skirt, with button & fringe trim. Waist: about 21 inches. Very good condition. Manufacturer's label in tact. $20?

SKIRT, circa 1908-10:

Pale blue cotton, moderately full, summer skirt with detachable blue & white floral-printed, pannier-style tunic. Skirt has slight train. Waist: about 18 inches. Good condition. $15?

AFTERNOON GOWN, circa 1915-17:

Black taffeta, 2 piece dress consisting of short-waisted blouse fastening at side with tiny bead buttons and very full, gathered skirt reaching to below-calf length. Size: about modern size 14. Good condition. $30?

STREET DRESS, circa 1920-22:

Greyish blue mid-calf length, wool-crepe dress, trimmed with self-covered buttons & black and white Oriental-style embroidery, with floating side panels, drop waist, square-necked lace collar, & three-quarter flared sleeves (lined in grey satin). Size: about modern size 12. Fair condition. $20?

SHOES, circa 1920s:

Pair of black silk ladies' pumps with instep straps. Size: about modern size 4-5. Fair condition. About $10?

I also have a Spring 1911 ladies' cloak and suit catalog, about 30 pages, with beautifully illustrated front and back covers in full color. Book also carries blouse and lingerie styles and lots of great big hats. About $15?

I have a few 1914 and 1915 "Vogue" magazines. About $10 each?

Also 2 "Photoplay" magazines from 1915 (Mary Pickford on cover) and 1917 (Billie Burke on cover). $10 each?

There are a few more things I will be getting out today to see if I can stand to part with them and if so I'll post more later.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Best to all,

Randy

Apr 11, 2001
Darling- it all sounds dee-vine- how can you part with them? Size 6! Yes I was back in 1958.... sigh. I still have the Lady DG crochet bedcaps for you when we rendez-vous at last in Newport. Best wishes in your new abode.

May 12, 2005
Shell,

You are too sweet! Not a size 6 huh? I thought you were! And with a size 4 shoe!

But seriously, the 1912 wedding dress and the black taffeta WWI dress are SOLD as of this A.M.

The blue 1920 frock and the Edwardian skirts are still up for grabs, if anybody wants them.

Randy

May 12, 2005
Here is the last installment of items for sale in our liitle dress auction. Phil I will see you get a cut for supplying the forum! (How 'bout a complimentary dress? No that wouldn't do would it? Our editor in drag? No! No! No! But maybe we can get Geoff in one?...)

EVENING DRESS, circa 1918-20:

Black silk, sleeveless, loose-fitting chemise-style gown with lace and embroidery-edged rounded neckline, slightly raised waist, and moderately full, below-calf hem. Fair condition, requires some light mending.

Size: Large, modern size 20+? (waist measure - 38 inches).

With some clever accessorizing this long black evening gown could well pass for 1912 vintage. Come on, you statuesque lovelies out there - Tracy where are you? - this dress could turn you into Molly Brown for at least one night at the ball Shell is planning for the Gilded Age tour!

Price: Only $15?

ORIGINAL McCALL's PATTERN, circa 1918-20

Complete patterns in original illustrated package for 2 blouses with Armistace-type collars.

Size: 34 (bust measure).

Price: $5?

ORIGINAL McCALL's PATTERN, patent date, 8-16-1921:

Complete patterns in original illustrated package for 2 afternoon gowns with bateau necks, long sleeves (wide or narrow), and below-calf length skirts (gathered or draped). Size: 36 (bust measure). $5?

ORIGINAL DU BARRY PATTERN, circa 1932-34:

Blouse and skirt pattern. Blouse has "cowl" neck, tie detail, and bishop sleeves. Skirt is narrow over hips and fuller at the hem which reaches to below-calf. Buttons at the side.

Size: 40 (bust measure).

Price: $3?

SEARS, ROEBUCK CATALOG, Fall/Winter 1920-21:

Color-illustrated front and back covers. 194 pp. Fair condition. $5?

For those inquiring after more details of the cloak and suit catalog I have listed, it is entitled "23rd Anniversary Sale, National Cloak and Suit Company." The inside cover reads "Vol. 15, No. 4, May 1911."

It has not 30 odd pages but 69. The catalog is about about 8 x 10 in. in size. The cover illustration is by Ruth F. Harper of a blonde, blue-eyed young lady in a large white, lacy picture hat and a blue and pink printed spring dress. The back cover shows one lady in a white lace dress and large hat and another in a long cloth coat and big hat.

The Vogue magazines for 1914 are SOLD.

Thank you ladies (so far no gents!) for replying and BUYING!

Contact me at [email protected] and I can answer any further questions.

All my best,

Randy

May 12, 2005
The patterns and the cloak catalog are gone. Thanks girls! 1915 Afternoon Gown & 1920 Street Dress are feeling very lonesome. Edwardian Skirts feel insulted!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Randy, if my pocketbook was full and my frame was skinny again, I'd take them all for my exhibitions! Bless you, dear boy, for thinking of us first. I suggest all you girls try to get one of these items at least, even if you can't wear them, you could display them, or loan them to a local historical society. Prices are outrageously low, Randy is practically giving them away!

May 12, 2005
Kyrila,

You are a doll.

I can't wait to see the pictures of you at your lecture-shows in full regalia. Also of your daughter in the wedding dress. I hope you enjoy your purchases. The black dress you are getting (which I have just finished mending and have packed to send to you on Tuesday) has been worn in several vintage style shows, and was worn by my sister at a costume party not long back.

I am glad to have sold my things to those of you I know throught ET rather than through eBay. That means more than making a great deal of money. The object is that each item find a home with people who appreciate them.

Thanks again Kyrila to you and your daughter; also to Tracie, to Terry, to Karen, and to The Anonymous One, you devil, for your purchases. I hope you all enjoy the dresses, patterns, and magazines!

To Miss Mo and Miss Shell, your "special deals" will be en route soon!

Love to all of you,

Randy