Davidlaj

Jan 9, 2012
Sincere thanks to those who researched this information on Mr. Partner.  May he rest in Peace.  For his son Colin, and Colin's wife Rene, were my Godparents, even though I was born in Washington DC, where my English mum had ended up, after the war.  Rene only recently passed away, still in the house at 352 Ewell Road, Surbiton, which Colin had inherited from Austin.  I was aware that Colin's father had  been on the Titanic, but I had no further information until now.   This website is a fine resource!  Thanks again.

Emma Fidge

Mar 21, 2012
This is marvellous to be able to find out this invaluable information on Mr Partner.  He was my grandmother's cousin and I have often visited the church at Long Ditton (where I was married) to see his memorial stone.  I am going to reply to the link below - could be long lost family!!

Emma Fidge

Mar 21, 2012
Dear David (I presume it is David)I was fascinated to read your post above.  Austin Partner I believe was my grandmother's cousin.  My grandmother was Dorothy May Victoria Cochrane who married Albert Wilson.  Family lived in Surbiton all their/our lives and I have often visited St Mary's Church, Long Ditton where his memorial is.  Are you in contact with his son Colin at all?  Can't believe they still had the house in Ewell Road, Surbiton - that was just round the corner from us - we lived at 53 Cotterill Road!  It would be lovely to hear from you soon.  Best wishes Emma Fidge (nee Woodward) grandaughter of Dorothy Cochrane.

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
Is there any more information (than what's here on their bio's on ET) on what happened to British Titanic victim Austin Partner and his American cabin-mate Herman Klaber? I am looking for any survivor accounts on one or both of them during the voyage and on deck after the collision.

The two men shared Cabin C-124, I believe.

I ask because I seem to recall from many years ago reading somewhere (cannot recall the source) that they were standing quietly on deck with two other men (might have been father & son pair of Percival & Richard White) quite late in the sinking.