Avis Dolphin

M

Matt Endacott

Does any one know what school she attended, who she married & any children born?

J

jessica michelle

To Matt Endacott.
4 years out of date, I know, but only just found this site. Information on Avis Dolphin and her lifelong friendship with Professor Ian Holbourn (what a life - wow) can be found at:web.rmslusitania.info:81/pages/second_cabin/dolphin_avis.html
Regards,
Jessica

A

Alvin Dusaran

I'm looking for photos of Professor Ian Holbourne and Avis Dolphin but I couldn't find any. Can Someone give a link or scanned photos or send it on my e-mail [email protected]

Thanks,

I

Ioannis Georgiou

Alvin, you can find pictures of both in the Lusitania book by Diana Preston. If I remember right a photo with a letter from Avis Dolphin can be also found in Lusitania - The Ship and Her Record by Eric Sauder. Not sure if you will also find them in Lusitania: An Illustrated Biography by J. Kent Layton. Sure Kent can tell you.

C

Catherine Foley

I have just stumbled across this website and see there have been a couple of queries about my grandmother, Avis Dolphin. She married Tom Foley a journalist and had 2 children, a son and daughter. Her son, my father died in 1999 but my aunt is still alive and well.

Mike Poirier

Mike Poirier

Hi Catherine,
I've seen her letter. One of the better Lusitania accounts.
Mike

D

Dholby

Hi Catherine,
I am D Holbourn, and am interested in getting more information Avis and perhaps interviewing your Aunt...
Many thanks. If you can assist please contact me.

M

Mark Baber

Staff member
Hello, Dholby---

Please note that the message you're responding to is more than three years old and that Catherine Foley is no longer a registered member of this message board. I would think it unlikely, then, that she will see or respond to you.

D

Dholby

Mark,
Yes, I had noted the date, it was just a longshot. I had also emailed Alvin, to see if he got I touch with her.
Many thanks, just trying to learn more about Ian Holbourn
Dave

C

Catherine Foley

Hi Dave,
Are you a relative of the Professor Holbourn who rescued by grandmother?
Catherine