B60

B

Brian R Peterson

Does anybody know if there are photos of Titanic's B-60 occupied by Mr. Quagg Baxter. I have read of its decor and it sounds very elaborate, perhaps the most beautiful room aboard.

I would very much like to see a photo of this cabin if one exists.

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Here is the completed work of B-60

118372.jpg

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Dieter,

I know from expierence that the cabin is Queen Anne decor, so I know the paneling and furniture is dark mahogany, from personal sources I learned the wall paper was gold, for the furniture usually opposite colors on the color wheel were used in decorating, so since the wallpaper is gold, I made the furniture blue with gold embroidery.

The wood paneling and wallpaper are accurate, as for the other colors I chose, aside from being logical; I can't assure you they are correct.

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Thanks Mike, its good to be back, Did you happen to see my colored B-58?

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I have refined my technique in the three or so years I have been coloring photos.

I have since reworked many of my originals, B-59, B-60 included. I also reworked the First Class Smoke Room, added more details etc.

I only wish I could post my pieces in thier full size, I have to reduce them and that kills the quality.

But, they are all still quite impressive.

Best Regards,

Brian

Dieter Klimow

Sep 24, 2006
Hello Brian,
if you are looking for larger prints because you want more image resolution, maybe I can help you with image processing software, it is possible to recover some detail from scans.
The small fragments are from a photo in 'The Birth of the Titanic' by Michael McCaughan.
Please contact me, if you are interested in this technology.

View Image

View Image

View Image

(I will now be offline for one week)

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Emanual,

Thanks for the photo.

However, I already have a high resolution 8X10 of this cabin, and I have accurately colored it as well, please see above.

Best Regards,

Brian