Back from the dead

Oct 19, 2007
If you were given the opportunity to bring one person related to the Titanic back from death, not as a ghost or something, but as they were when they were alive, would you? If so, who would it be and why.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Thomas Andrews, definitely. Just purely because he seems like a good all round bloke that you'd like to have known.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I would have to agree on Thomas Andrews because he was the one who did the number crunching on the damage and what the end result would be. From a forensics angle, he could answer a lot of questions. From an events angle, I would think that he could settle once and for all the question of whether or not Captain Smith had that legendary meeting with his officers.

> I wouldn't try to make Hitchens the hero in this (Margaret Brown?) or Lights the villain here.

Tim, I was referencing the recent comments in the press, not Lightoller himself.

I'd also bring back Ismay. I've got questions for him and I generally feel bad for the wholesale villainizing he's gotten over the last 100 years.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
>I'd also bring back Ismay. I've got questions for him

Indeed. "Reliably, there was a crush on C. People who tried to rush the boat were pulled out and, not quite as reliably, guns were produced and possibly used. Yet, you say that when you and Carter entered the boat, there was no one around. Really, Bruce. Did this mob, which seemed to be approaching panic moments before, suddenly fall entirely calm and walk away? They didnt walk FORWARD, if they did, so you must have passed them as you came down the deck. Do you really expect ANYONE to believe that the deck was suddenly bereft of passengers? And that your presense at the last boat on the side where men WERE allowed into the boats, after you spent much of the evening hovering on the side of the ship where they WERENT, was just lucky coincidence? Not that I'm implying that you are a liar, Bruce... I'm saying it flat out. And, whatever misery you suffered from April 1912 onward, it wasnt nearly enough. Now, back to hell with you."

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
NewtonMearns, Glasgow, Scotland.
Murdoch's my choice, then we would really know what he saw and how he reacted to it that night.
Also, If Hitchens had gone the wrong way then Moody might have mentioned it to Murdoch.

Moody was the only person who could have passed that information on. He would do it to the Officer of the Watch - Murdoch, who in turn, might have mentioned it to Smith, Wilde and Lightoller.( who of course, never mentioned it to Pitman. Boxhall or Lowe.)

Yeah!

E

Elly Jones

Ohio patrons.The one and only the captain. Edward Smith is the only one that could explain Why.How.What.when.combinations.He can explain how much power a captain really had when it comes to presidents board his vessel.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
uhoh.gif

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I'm at a loss here. What was so snarky about what Jim Kalafus posted? It's a legitimate question to ask when there are aspects of the story which don't add up under critical examination.

Let's face it, when somebody is claiming that nobody was around when the story was that everything was going to Hell...possibly with guns involved...prior to that, surely you're bound to ask where all the people vanished to.

May 5, 2005
Without a doubt, Cyril Evans, James Gibson, Herbert Stone, and Stanley Lord.
I would like to ask them a few questions about rockets, wireless, and morse lamps.
And of course, Thomas Andrews. He must have been quite an intelligent man.