Back to Titanic-Nat Geo

Nov 14, 2005
So I just watched the new docu from National Geographic. Some really good high def pictures/video. But the wreck is looking pretty rough these days from what I saw. Anyway its worth a look if you have'nt seen it yet.

samson

Aug 19, 2019
California
Any photos/videos from this documentary? I heard it was a pretty disappointing piece but that the wreck isn't as bad as people were making it out to be.

Nov 14, 2005
Other than finding some pieces from the missing first class staterooms they didnt really cover anything new as far as the Titanic story goes. Its worth a look as far as high def video. The bow section looked pretty much the same but the rest is definantly getting worse...holes in the overhead/roof..collapseing bulkheads..ect. The stern section looked really bad in my opinion. Its just a matter of time. But the biologist on the expedition made an interesting comment. She said Titanic has become an artifical reef and there is now more life on her than when she was afloat. Just a differnt kind.

samson

Aug 19, 2019
California
Yea I can't imagine the stern is doing well.

Parks Stephenson did mention how much aquatic life has basically made the ship their home which is great. Hopefully some imagery can be released for those of us who didn't see the documentary.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
You'll find a total of six minutes of wreck footage in the special and the reason for that is that this was all that was really usable for television. The currents down there were really kicking up, sediment was everywhere, and visablity was just plain bad.

Things don't always go your way at the bottom of he ocean and there's really nothing anybody can do about it. Mother Nature is bigger than we are and likes to remind us of the fact.