Ballard in Toledo

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
What happened to "Let's Meet?"

I just learned of this today, but Dr. Ballard is going to be giving a talk in the Main Library in downtown Toledo on Monday 30 September at 7:00 PM.

I thought those of you in the area may be interested. More can be found on the library website.

Josh.

Apr 14, 2001
joshuha i thank you for sharing this information with everyone on this board and i hope that anyone who attends will tell us what he said because he is the person who discovered the titanic and i would like to know what his next project is now that he discovered the bismarck and i wish him good luck in all of his future projects jennifer mueller

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Jennifer,
I plan on attending on Monday and getting my copy of his Midway book autographed. He gave a talk here four years ago, and I had the opportunity to go to that one as well. Should be interesting!

Anyone here able to attend? Havok may be wrought!

Josh.

Nov 22, 2000
Dear Josh,

Whilst you are getting his autograph - perhaps you would ask him for one for me? Preferably on a cheque to pay me back the money that he accepted from me all those years ago for items which he failed to provide. He cashed my cheque fast enough but I'm still waiting for the gods some ten years later!

Geoff

T

Timothy Brandsoy

Geoff,

What goods does he owe you? Just curious ;-)

Tim

Nov 22, 2000
Timothy, do you know, it was so long ago that I can't recall without digging out the files! It was, however, mainly photographs although these have become so "old hat" that they are not even worth having nowadays. It's just the principle of the whole affair which infuriates me. If I've been duped, then I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Geoff

Apr 11, 2001
Geoff poor Lamb- what?- still no return for your hard-earned bucks (er..bobs and quid?)As I sit at my desk here at University of Rhode Island, I spy the scallywag's lecture hall where he holds forth on weekly faculty lectures when not making guest appearances at his Mystic Seaport "Institute for Undersea Exploration"- the next time I see him striding down the street, I shall put out a dainty size 10 and trip him up, demanding JUSTICE for you !!