Ballard's Mystic Titanic Exhibit

Apr 11, 2001
Here are a few shots of the Institute for Undersea Exploration Titanic Exhibit. Seemed to be packing them in- especially school kids. The model is phenomenal-very detailed with oars in the lifeboats and miniature deckchairs.
85882.jpg

Apr 11, 2001
The resin and foam recreation of the bow goes up about 12 feet to the ceiling and has an opening in the hull for a mini-theatre which seats about 20.
85889.jpg

Apr 11, 2001
The entry to the building is a faux fantail of the Knorr which juts out into a man-made pond featuring mini- radio-guided boats. Kids love it.
85901.jpg

Mar 3, 1998
Shelley,

Thank you for all these picture, but especially for that which shows the Marconi Room mock-up. Unfortunately, the mock-up (as did the set used in the 1997 film) comes closer to representing Olympic's Marconi Room (1911-1913) than it does Titanic's.

Parks

C

Chris Nicholson

I was just at this exibit yesterday. Sure was something. I even impressed a few people (including the employees that worked there) with my knoledge of the ship.

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
>>I even impressed a few people (including the employees that worked there) with my knowledge of the ship.<<

LOL! Too bad - no chance for me to impress anyone here.....
cry.gif

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
>>I even impressed a few people (including the employees that worked there) with my knowledge of the ship.<<

LOL! Too bad - no chance for me to impress anyone here.....
cry.gif

May 16, 2004
Hi all , this will be my first post ..but first off I would like to say I have been reading this board for a long time and enjoy it very much.
Anyway I was wondering if anybody will be attending the TITANIC LIVE interactive broadcast
hosted by Dr.Ballard ? From the little information I received it says Mr Gary Kohs from
fine art models will be present. Has anyone ever attended anything like this? Just bought my tickets and hoping it will be great night... Kim

May 16, 2004
hope you can catch it ..i'm looking forward to watching Dr. Ballard broadcast right over the wreck site! Ive already seen the exhibit at mystic and the model is fantastic. But it will be nice to be there enjoying a glass of wine while taking in the sights instead of trying to stop my 2 year-old from banging on the glass :] Kim