Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
I have a question regarding the musicians and their work schedules. Besides providing dinner music in the first class and second class dining room, what other areas of the ship would they have performed in? They must have had some schedule that told them where they were supposed to be.

Thanks,
Susan

Oct 4, 2007
Arlington, VA, USA
I have a few questions about the band:

1. Am I correct in understanding that the band did not play during dinner, only afterwards? Does this mean that the passengers dined without any music at all?

2. Did anyone ever accompany the band on the piano? Who would have played Titanic's first-class pianos and when?

3. I think I've heard that there were two musical ensembles aboard Titanic: a three-man group and a five-man group. When/where did each group play, and did the two groups come together to play after dinner?

4. When and where during the voyage would the band have played, apart from the after-dinner concert?

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally a separate thread in a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread where essentially the same questions are raised. MAB]