bCONGRATSb LEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
Tonight Leonardo DiCaprio won a Golden Globe Award for lead actor for his performance in 'The Aviator' where he portrays Howard Hughs. He looked stunning in a black tux and neck tie. Kate Winslet stood up and applauded her former co-star after his name was called. I have not seen the movie yet. Has anyone else seen this movie- what was your opinion?

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
I'm going to have to see "The Aviator"; yes, I am one of many who have not done so.

Actually, in July, "The Aviator" was one of the many films previewed before "Spiderman 2". At that time, I kept imagining Leo exclaiming "I'm the King of the Air!!!".

Jun 20, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Bet Leo wishes he'd never said it now! At least he didn't do that on stage like James Cameron did at the '98 Oscars.
happy.gif
Anyway, a very well deserved win for Leo, although I think Kate was robbed. She was great in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Desiree,

"...although I think Kate was robbed. She was great in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"."

I agree, I thought Kate played her role very well in that movie. She certainly deserved the award, it's too bad she didn't win it. Hopefully she'll receive an award for "Finding Neverland", she was absolutely terrific in that one as well.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Now it's another "CONGRATULATIONS" for Leonardo DiCaprio: Academy Award Nomination: Best Actor, announced today, for his role in "The Aviator".

Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
Titanic's Leading Lady, Kate Winslet, is also up for a "Best Actor" Nomination.

GO KATE!!! It's good to see her being recognized by Hollywood.

Jun 20, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Great to see them both nominated, although a bit disappointed to see Kate overlooked for "Finding Neverland". They both deserve to win this year. Stiff competition, though. At least it'll be interesting.
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.