Be Excited Be Very Excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, Mike! No

Thanks for the info, Mike! Now is Ghosts the movie going to be out on video or is it an imax?
Adam

Jason D. Tiller

Thank you for the info Michael

Thank you for the info Michael. I look forward to purchasing this book!

If I may step in...Adam, from what I know "Ghosts of The Abyss" will be a video and DVD.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Adam,
it isn't an IMAX fi

Adam,
it isn't an IMAX film, which is why I called it an IMAX style film. Cameron invented his own photographic system. the theatrical version of Ghosts is going to be 45 minutes long. there will also be a 90 minute vhs and dvd version available, which apparently will go more into the "how the movie was made" story.

there is an interview posted under the Titanic Movies thread right here on ET in which Cameron goes into all of this in pretty good detail. the title of that thread is: "Cameron's Interview, re: Ghosts of the Abyss".

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Now I've got a book to add

Now I've got a book to add to my 2003 wish list, to say nothing of the DVD whenever it becomes available. Thanks for the heads up Mike!

Michael T:

Thank you Mr. BO

Michael T:

Thank you Mr. BOOKWORM...:)

I am ecstatic about the book's release. The great thing about a book is that it is constant, always at-hand to savour in it's contents.

As an aside to the '92 IMAX, "TITANICA", a participant of said expediton, Dr. Joseph McInnis released a companion book entitled..."In a New Light"...absolute breathtaking images within.

A possesion I hold dearly.

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

BTW...

A De Capo book relea

BTW...

A De Capo book release that I have been anticipating..."Lost Subs" (Dunmore) is due out Oct. '02.

The writing documents the *greatest submarines* lost and found, from the HUNLEY to the KURSK .

Interesting as it may seem...Dr. Ballard has contributed the introduction. I just can't wait to review, if entailed, his feelings on violating these *iron coffins* ! ! !

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

Michael,
I agree, Titanic

Michael,
I agree, Titanic in a New Light was a terrific book. not only wonderful photography, but a very interesting story on the challenges of filming two & a half miles under water. my only complaint with the book was that it was too short, a mere 96 pages.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Break out the 3-D glasses, bec

Break out the 3-D glasses, because there will be two versions of the "Ghosts" book available...one for adults and one for children. The children's version will feature 3-D images, both archival images and modern ROV stills that have been enhanced for 3-D viewing. I just saw two examples (both archival...one Engine Room, one Reception Room) today and the effect is mind-staggering.

Parks

Bill:

Trust me my friend I

Bill:

Trust me my friend I am not trailing you purposely...:)

Why not aceess your AUGUST 1998 National Geographic periodical of which is noted on the cover...Glasses inside - Mars and Titanic in 3-D.

I would be happy to send you a pair. I have several still atttached to their August '98 NG orgin. And, still have your return address on a manilla envelope you so kindly mailed to me in regards to the Forensic Panel investigation into the loss of the S.S. Titanic.

I am TITANICED out...debate with you t'morrow.

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

I've got the National Geog

I've got the National Geographic, and many 3-D glasses around the house (from 3-D comic books) - all worthless to me.

As I said, I do not have stereoscopic vision - my eyes do not track together, and never have. If you actually meet me one of these days, you'll see that I am 'wall-eyed' - each eye facing a different wall. The opposite of cross-eyed. I have no depth perception, though I compensate for it fairly well.

For me, a 3-D image means put the glasses on, and close one eye to see anything. Kind of a waste, IMO.

Oh well, my problem. If it works for others, great.

Status
Not open for further replies.