Before dinner April 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan Jonsson

Apr 4, 2005
Rose, Caledon and Ruth stayed in cabins on B-Deck, but why did they enter from the top of the grand staircase before the dinner scene? I doubt that they went up the aft staircase from b-deck to a deck, and went outside on a deck, up to the boat deck, just to enter the boat deck entrance to the forward grand staircase... or did they really do that just to make a dramatic entrance...???

Jul 11, 2001
Hi Johan, I noticed the same thing. Most likely James Cameron just wanted to show off the Grand Staircase set in a dramatic fashion. There was no reason for passengers to be heading down to dinner on D-deck starting from the boat deck. Besides, the aft staircase didn't go up to the boat deck. It only went from C-deck up to A-deck.

Matt Simons

Mar 12, 2005
Acctually,
It was proper at that time to walk the entire staircase from A-Deck to D-Deck before entering the Reception Room and Dinning Saloon. No matter what deck you stayed on, if you were a first class passenger, you would of walked all the way up to the top of the stiarcase and walked down.

Matt DiTullio

Jun 2, 2008
That seems a little silly. So you would walk all the way up and then back down? It seems to me that would get a little overcrowded. lol

You also had an elevator to go up if you wanted, so there was no problem. I also noticed that despite their state room was located in the forward B deck, it's flooding was shown more or less at the same time of the flooding of the Lounge, which would have been impossible.

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
Augusto, that is not right. Maybe you better look the movie again.
The scene with Picasso, Monet etc. in the water (B Deck) is several scenes before the dead woman in the Lounge. The first were part were the band play Nearer My God to Thee. The Lounge scene is much later after the floating of the grand staircase.

You were right. Sorry and thank you very much for the correction.
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.