Behe and Brown finally teamed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2001
For any of you who have put off buying these two gentlemen's book, (like me) and have some Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket, (ditto) I have great news for you! Amazon.com has both of their much talked about books, but the best part is somehow they matched their two books up as a special packaged deal. It was $26.46 for both. Considering that Brown's book would have been nearly that much, it was almost like getting Behe's book free! What a great deal! I can't wait to get mine! I just hope to have the time to sit and read them front to back without putting them down.
Sincerely,
Colleen

P.S. David and George. Bet you originally thought I lost my marbles huh? Now, it is confirmed!!!!

May 8, 2001
You know, it is after 1:00 A.M. here and the more I tried to sleep, I thought about how I wrote that line, so I got back up to edit it, but, Geoff caught it first. SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO.........
George, I was willing to pay full price for both books, if yours was even available. In my complete excitement that here were the 2 very books I was searching for, and even discounted if purchased together, I had hoped to make the point that it was a great deal, and I am afraid I have belittled your accomplishments and worth which was far from my intentions. I do apologize, and will refrain from the Mt. Dew before posting in the future.
Sincerely,(but still excited!)
Colleen

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Colleen!

After you've read my book, you'll be outraged that Amazon had the nerve to even *give* it away. :)

(When you place the two books on your table, be sure to put Dave's book on top of my book; that way, if you spill your Dewski on the table, Dave's book will be out of danger.) :)

All my best,

George

Oct 28, 2000
George -- You are humbling yourself too much. Besides, my book is always under attack with potions far more potent than "Dewski."

I am honored to be included in your company, even if by the luck of the retailing draw!

And, thanks to one and all who purchase either book.

-- David G. Brown

May 8, 2001
-BONK--I guess a link may be helpful huh? Hope this is how you do it. Otherwise, here is how I came across it. Go to Books, Go to author, type in George Behe, scroll through his selections, CLICK ONTO Safety Speed and Sacrifice, then scroll towards the bottom where it has a bonus if bought together. Yesterday both had the same link. I guess it may change from time to time.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0933449313/ref=pd_sim_books/104-3838144-2335966

George. These books will share equal honor on my display shelves!
proud.gif
proud.gif

Colleen

Oct 13, 2000
Hi Michael,

search for Behe's book on Amazon. when the page for that book pulls up, you need to scroll down the page a little. the offer to buy Behe/Brown is just below the regular book description. the offer appears to be good for either the hardcover or softcover version of Brown's book (Behe's only came in soft).

by the way, if you happen to have Behe's book already, there is also an offer to buy Brown's book along with John Wilson Foster's Titanic Reader. to find this deal, look up Brown's book, then click on either the hardcover or paperback page.

best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Oct 13, 2000
Colleen,
apologies for repeating you. apparently we were typing away at more or less the same time and I just typed slower!

Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Mar 18, 2000
I have a secret source that tells me the cost for Brown's book is $30, and they're PAYING YOU $3.43 to take Behe's book off their hands!

It's all part of the plot to give George another 'out of print' book (did anyone notice how many books of his are no longer available?) I suspect book burnings are responsible!

(either that, or MY plot to make my copies the only ones in existance is a success!)

:)

May 8, 2001
That's o.k. Man-in-Black. Happens to me all the time. Glad that I was doing it the right way. I have never been on Amazon, and stumbled on the deal, so I had to go back and refigure out how I got there last night.
smile.gif

Colleen

Oct 28, 2000
For the record, George and I teamed up about a year ago in Toledo at a bookstore where I appeared at a signing for "Last Log." They tell me that I managed to keep from putting both feet in my mouth at the same time.

George, however, captivated everyone with pieces of the real thing...Titanic.

--David G. Brown

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Yes, but I had to sit between George and David during the presentation to keep the rotten tomatoes from flying.

Dan "The Referee" Cherry

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Dave!

>George, however, captivated everyone ....

Could you please repeat that for Geoff Whitfield? (He tries to convince folks that my rugged good looks are due to the efforts of a film makeup artist that I keep on retainer.) :)

I'd like to urge everyone here to attend one of Dave Brown's Titanic lectures if you ever get a chance to do so. Dave is very knowledgeable, presents his ideas in a captivating manner and has a delightful sense of humor. (And he's quick on his feet -- I came out second best in the exchange of tomatos.) :)

All my best,

George

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Well, I've been trying to encourage Dave to come to Greenville. The Barnes & Noble on Haywood Drive right across from the mall gets a lot of business and they host authors there all the time. (I know, I know...his agent would have to work things out.) If he could put in an appearance on a Friday or a Saturday, I'd certainly show up.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Oct 28, 2000
Kyrila -- I'll be down that way come February for the Miami Boat Show. Haven't firmed up my plans yet. It's a business trip where I meet editors, etc. for my magazine writing activities. However, there may be time to visit with a few fellow "Titanics."

-- David G. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.