Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2003
Hey, i was wondering did anybody go to the titanic: made at home festival 2003 in Belfast?
I went last year and again this yeah and i was wondering what u guys thought? I thought it was AMAZING.
Daniel Allen Butler, who has written "Unsinkable" was there and made a speech, luckily for me i knew him through another titanic msg board. But he read an extract from his book and i cried my heart out. it really did "bring titanic home to me"
Also, Belfast City counsel, who organized the event were fantastic with me, they were so happy to see a 15 year old so interested in the titanic. That was when the best day of my life came, I got to meet Jonathan Evans Jones (who plays wallace Hartley in cameron's titanic) and then they opened up the exhibition for me late at night and allowed me to go and get my photo's taken with the clothes from the movie lolol that was a big day 4 me!
i am set to help Ulster Titanic society there next year and i believe James Cameron will be there to talk about his dives down to the wreck! I cant wait! hehehe

Jan 2, 1997
Maria - I am so glad you had a good time in Belfast this year. I was there last year and also got a great reception from the Ulster Titanic society and the Belfast Convention Bureau - word of warning to anyone older than Maria - do NOT let these people take you out for 'a drink.' This innocent phrase is lethal in Belfast where they keep giving you alcohol as long as they can find a pulse, and they don't seem to understand the words 'no thanks.' I woke up the next day with no hangover, but I did have a really strong Belfast accent.

When they say you are helping next year, Maria, will you be dressing in character ? They did that last year with people around the City Hall who did a great job of impersonating various people associated with the building of the Titanic - you could be Elizabeth Andrews !

Jul 12, 2003
A couple of nights ago I was watching biography and they were trying to determine the identities of three people who died on the Titanic including the unknown child. Unfortunately, two (who were exhumed) could not be identified. There weren't any bone fragments left to work with as the two graves were flooded. But, because the men who pulled the unknown child from the sea put a copper plate in honor of the child on the child's chest before he was buried, some bone was left. They did, through the DNA of a family who thought the child might belong to their ancestry, identify the child. I can't remember the name of the child but there is a tape out for purchase on the whole identification process.

Status
Not open for further replies.