Bell album

A

Allison Lane

I was just thinking about this yesterday, so I thought I'd ask--

Anyone else remember the Bell album, I think it was, that was auctioned off on eBay a couple years back, that had a bunch of photos of some future Titanic officers like Lightoller, Boxhall, et al? I remember the person that won the auction was going to look into having it published, but I don't think I've heard anything about it since then. Am I doing too good a job of lurking?
happy.gif

I thought the pictures that were shown were wonderful and would love to see them in a better, more clear format someday.

A

Allison Lane

Thanks, Michael, I ended up finding that again on my own last night.
happy.gif

That's a shame that he had to sell it... do you have any idea why?

Jun 10, 1999
Jim: Would you be so kind to list a link, specifically for the Bell Album? I do have images from Newman's site when the album was first aquired. Curious as to the asking price of the album?

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Matthew Farr

Mar 23, 2000
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Michael,

Not sure if you noticed but Jim's last post is over 5 years old. Its kind of deceptive being that it was from the same month we are in now and all. I thought it was more recent as well until I looked more closely at it and I actually went to the link he posted to try to find it too.

Jun 10, 1999
Thank You Matthew: As a regular follower of Brian's site, I searched the White Star category to no avail. At first I surmized that whomever purchased the album did not want recognition. Also, you may be aware of an image that I own, a "one of" J. Hesketh cabinet photo bearing absolute provenance. So, I was curious to determine what, as an example, the Bell album was sold for? All the while realizing items associated with TITANIC are skyrocketing.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jun 10, 1999
P.S. Matthew, perhps it is time that I "awoke"...
I should have noticed the date on Jim's post. BTW, saw the Discovery Channel's - Curiosity special on on 28 Aug '11. It's interesting that they went in-depth on M. Long & J. Thayer, however, informing the viewer of Thayer's ultimate suicidal fate...

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Matthew Farr

Mar 23, 2000
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I watched curiosity as well and was less than impressed. I could not believe the things they got wrong, like saying that the ship only had 16 lifeboats. At the end of the show it said that the ship sank at 2:02!!! How could they air that show with a mistake like that!

Jun 10, 1999
>That rings a bell<

So...is it in your collection Senan?

As an aside..."It all seems like it was only yesterday". (1 Sept. '85)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jun 10, 1999
Yes Matthew the curiosity special was "littered" with errors. Can not believe I stayed up the entire two hrs., guess I was waiting for something "good" to happen. The computer generated graphic of the break-up, at the closing of the episode, was the only thing worth commenting on as decent. BTW, I don't think Paxton looks good in a beard...nor do I look good with a beard.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA