Bennet and Crawford connection

John Lamoreau

May 21, 2004
Mabel Bennett was a stewardess and Albert Crawford was a steward who survived the sinking of the Titanic. They both listed the same home address of 22 Cranbury Avenue, Southampton. On the Carpathia Mabel sent a Marconi-gram to the Crawford's at that address telling them she was safe. Does anyone know if they were related.

Thanking you in advance,

John

John Lamoreau

May 21, 2004
Chris, Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure if they were related. It is amazing that Afred got into a lifeboat. Do you have any more information on them? Thank you again for the help. Sincerely, John

Chris Dohany

Jan 8, 2001
Here's the little bit I have on them:
Alfred George Crawford was born in Southampton, Hampshire, on 27 February 1869 to Thomas and Ann (nee Parry) Crawford.
He was married in 1890 to Emily Pilgrim (b. 1872, Eling, Hampshire); they had two children - Emily Gladys (b. 25 Sep 1897, Southampton d. 3 Sep 1995, Rochester, NY) and Alfred George (b.12 Jul 1901, Southampton d. Sep 1986, Southampton)

Mabel Bennett was born Mabel Kate Pilgrim in Eling, Hampshire in September 1878 to James and Sarah Ann Pilgrim. She was married to George William Bennett in Southampton, 1905.

Both continued sailing into the 1920s. I don't know when either of them died, though Bennett was apparently the last surviving female crewmember.