Berengaria Majestic & Leviathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Zoppina

Feb 5, 2005
My knowledge on these ships is limited, in that all I really know about them is that Berengaria went to Cunard, Majestic went to White Star, and Leviathan went to USL, all in reparations for WWI from Germany.

Now, what happened to the three of them? I know that Majestic went to the British Navy to become the... Caledonia I think, and became a training ship. Aside from that, I don't know what happened to the others.

My real question is, where did the fittings of each liner go? Are they scattered about such as Olympic's and Mauretania's, or were they destroyed?

-John

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
>Are they scattered about such as Olympic's and Mauretania's, or were they destroyed?

In the case of the Leviathan: both.

adam gratwick

Oct 14, 2004
here's 2 chairs that survived. I picked them up a couple of years ago from different auctions a few months apart. the original upholstery has been replaced or covered over but enough survives to be able to identify that one has pink flowers on a pale background and the other was a red and yellow patterned velvet. Both types of upholstery seem different to that used on the Vaterland so presumably they came from the Berengaria or Majestic or perhaps one from each.I will post the other picture below this post.
112558.jpg

Brent Holt

Jun 23, 2002
There are some good books on these ships:
Berengaria-Cunard's Happy Ship. By Les Streater
R.M.S. Majestic-The Magic Stick. By Mark Chirnside. (Not yet published)
Classic Ocean Liners Volume 1: Berengaria, Leviathan, & Majestic. By Frank Braynard. (Out of print)
The Imperator Class liners were some of the most impressive ever to put to sea, in my humble opinion.
Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.