Best Book on Pearl Harbour Attack ?

Seumas

Here's one for the military history enthusiasts on ET, particularly those in the USA.

What is the best book written to date on the attack on Pearl Harbour ? In print or out of print.

I know of course that the book "Day of Deceit" was conspiracy theory rubbish and an insult to the men that died.

Thank you.

It would be hard to say what is the "best" book. In case you haven't seen it the site below has recomendations. At Dawn We Slept was good in my opinion but I haven't read the revised edition so I don't know whats new in it. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 user

Seumas

Thank you, Steve, it looks like I'll be picking up a copy of "At Dawn We Slept" in the New Year. Looking forward to learning from it. :cool:

Prange, At Dawn We Slept, hands down. He had first hand access immediately after the war to key surviving Japanese participants. Consummate historian, marshals and analyses the facts before giving a judgement, leaves no stone unturned. Hard to dispute his conclusions. And while an impeccable piece of history, well written in a narrative "short chapter" style, so completely accessible to everyone. My impression after reading the book, now twenty years ago, "this is about as definitive as a history gets."

Reactions: 1 users