Best titanic models for $1000

Spacejosh

Mar 11, 2019
Hello!
That's all in the title I would like to buy a model of the Titanic but something of quality already mounted on a wooden base.
There are some brands that offer this model including Franklin Mint, toys and models .. I would have liked to have your opinion if some of you already have a replica in this genre, already mounted. In my place, what would you buy? Thank you!

Double_D_747

May 12, 2018
I recommend you just getting the Titanic offered by a company called Titanic: Honour and Glory. They offer exquisite models for the price point with great detail. All models are hand painted and are great value for what you get. I know its not a huge wooden model what you are hopping for but it is still a great model for a 1/10 of the price.

Store Home — Titanic: Honor and Glory

Mar 9, 2018
Georgia, USA
For just a bit more ($1,400 USD) you can get a 1:144 fairly accurate model that is wood. You have to build it yourself, they provide a stencil-like wooden pattern and it can be easily converted over into an R/C model if you so wish.

BB 510 RMS Titanic - Billing Boats USA

If you want sheer accuracy, I think the centennial edition by Minicraft is the best. Make sure its a version produced/made after 2008. Most of the inaccuracies pointed out by the TRMA (titanic research & modeling association) were implemented here.

Jack Raby

Jan 10, 2019
I'm Building the Billing Boats Titanic and it's indeed fairly accurate except for all the fittings that are overly simplified. I'm busy designing and printing them in 3D.
But Spacejosh is in search of an already mounted model.