Better Late Than Never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Hudson

Apr 25, 2001
Hello everyone,

I've been a part of this message board for a while, and it is a bit late for an introduction, but seeing as everyone else has one, I might as well put it out there
happy.gif

My name is David Hudson and I am 16. I am a Junior in High School and live in a suburb of Seattle, Washington. I spend my free time (which is a lot considering I have NO life outside of Titanic) designing and drawing ships.

My fascination with the subject of this board started when I was about three (no, I'm not exaggerating). I have always had a great love for the ship, her passengers, her time, and above all, what she was a part of. By this I mean the great age of the liner.

I particularly like this website for providing, at long last, a forum for the more serious Titanic Fanatic (i.e., a place where a typical post isn't titled "Who's the cutest: Jack or Cal??"). Phil Hind deserves a medal for his work. I hope to remain a part of this board and meet more Titanic enthusiast. This last point is very important, because more than half of my friends are on this message board (is that a bad thing?).

happy.gif

David Hudson

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hi David, I've been to Seattle a few times back in 1984-1985 when the USS Ranger was being overhauled at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton.

I agree with your opinion of this forum. I've learned more about the Titanic and other great ships here then I have just about anywhere else short of my naval service.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi David,

I also agree with you regarding this forum. It's a terrific website to learn about the Titanic and other wonderful ocean liners.

It's not a bad thing that half of your friends are on the message board...it just means they are interested in the Titanic as much as you are.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Apr 7, 2001
Hi David,

Welcome! I have enjoyed our online chats and consider you a nice addition to the Board.

Yes Phil deserves a medal, maybe two or three or four or more. (I'm no poet) If I owned a metal shop I would create one especially in his honor.

Do you have some of your drawings you could post for all to see? I would be VERY interested in looking at them. I can imagine your talents my friend.

This Board is my home away from my real home. I've joined other forums and I quite agree with you on the fact that I too, hate that childish talk about Jack & Rose and other such rubbish. Interesting that you are just the age for that sort of thing but don't participate in it. I find that very fascinating indeed. There are other intelligent young Board members here in addition to your membership and am always amused with their postings. Here on this Board age is not of any consideration, only a serious interest in Titanic matters.

Again, welcome aboard!

Teri

Dave Hudson

Apr 25, 2001
I'm only too happy that my generation has such wonderful experts to learn from.

My drawings?

I'm thinking of posting them on the Debris Field, but alas, I'm not blessed with a scanner.

Oh well,

David

Jan 31, 2001
Hi David,

I'm glad to see another young member. I'm 15 myself, and also agree that Phil needs a medal for his work. Hope to see ya around the board!

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Apr 7, 2001
David,

I understand about not having a scanner. Sorry.

Glad to have you aboard, and I'm sure your drawings are something to take note of.

Teri

D

Deleted member 173198

Greetings and Welcome David!

I'm new myself and I am just about getting use to finding out who's who.

I couldn't agree more, Mr Hind does indeed deserve to be reward with the O.B.E.

I am almost sure, it will be a pleasure to share many of your views with this Board.

Warmest regards-Andrew Williams.

M

michelle schwindt

Hey David, Thanks for the introduction. I'm newer to the board than you & I suppose it is about time I formally introduce myself to the board also. I don't post much, but read everyday. Hopefully us Seattleites will be able to pull it together and find a time that works to visit the exhibit. Anyway, a big welcome from me! I enjoy reading your posts and thoughts! -Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.