Nov 22, 2005
Hi

Ellen Walker was my Grandmother and she died in worcester hospital after spending the last 3 years in a home. She became very bitter and had considerable memory lost in those final years. It was very sad but she just lived and breathed the Titanic. There is still a lot that i need to find out including the DNA results which i don't even know the outcome. As for the cabin keys she did possess these as i saw them with my own eyes, these were sold to the Titanic society many years ago for £25 (shocking) If anyone would like to get intouch please feel free

Beverley

Mar 15, 2001
Beverley, I hope you don't mind me asking but why would you not know the outcome to the DNA results? It seems like everyone in the family would know.

Nov 22, 2005
You would think so wouldn't you Darren but until the day she died she still said that her fathers family wouldn't give any DNA. I think she wasn't herself in her last three years its hard to explain but she just lived in the past. Can't really talk to my dad about it as he just gets on with his own life and doesn't really want to know his children either. Pretty sad really!

Beverley

Trevor Powell

Aug 22, 2005
Hi Beverly, Thank you for that tidbit of information. From what I've read your grandmother was a wonderful lady.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Beverley, is it possible that the DNA tests were not done simply because of the cost? Those things don't come cheap.

Nov 22, 2005
Hi dave, i think it was alot to do with the costs but mostly to do with lack of co-operation on the Morleys side. I don't know if you remember in the early 90's when she went on the program Schofields Quest, well they refused to give DNA then!

Senan Molony

Jan 30, 2004
Dublin
Hi Beverley,

Thanks for the information. I knew that was a rotten rumour...

Now that your grandmother is dead, of course, she could have no conceivable claim on any Morley estate.

Her paternity becomes a dead letter. There are, realistically, no legal or financial implications.

In these circumstances, a future DNA test might be possible - purely to put the question to rest - but it would depend on your retaining some of your grandmother's hair, which might still be possible, via a hairbrush.

Just something for you to think about.

I am not asking for it - I think the available information, and the scotching of the grubby claim that a negative DNA test had been carried out, fully supports the presumption that Henry Morley was your great-grandfather.

To my mind, that has always been the overwhelmingly likely outcome had any such test ever been done.