Bill Ajello

May 5, 2001
My name is Bill, I'm 46 years old and live in New Jersey, USA, I'm married, have a beautiful wife Mary, a Stepdaughter named Wanda and a lovely 6 year old grandson named Chet.

I have been a Titanic Fanatic for a good number of years and collected alot of books, videos and memorabilia on her. The very first thing that I got that is Titanic related was a Jigsaw puzzle back in the late 60's of the NY Times announcing the sinking, that has since been reprinted and I went out and brought it again. Virtually every Titanic Special that has been on TV, I have either taped or went out and brought it so my collection is vast.

I had the priveledge of seeing The Titanic Exhibit when it was in Atlantic City and wholeheartedly reccomend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Well that's all for now, I'm glad to be here.

Bill

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Well, a hale and hearty welcome aboard matey! I'm one of the sailors (Retired Navy) who hangs around here. What got me interested however was reading A Night To Remember back when I was in the second grade. Rather involved for the wee bairn that I was at the time, but back in the 60's, the schools still actually expected you to learn how to read in the first place.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi William (aka Bill)

Welcome aboard! I'm Rolf from the southern Netherlands. Let me tell you that this site is great. I'm sure you will enjoy the message board to enlarge your knowledge about Titanic!

Regards,
Rolf

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
Hi Bill

From everyone in Northern Ireland (who is a message board devotee!) it's great to have you on board!

Look forward to your posts and future pints of the black stuff in Titanics home town!

Regards

Sam

May 5, 2001
Hello All, I thought it was about time I introduced myself here............

I'm 46 years old (47 in 2 months), I live in New Jersey, USA (for those on the other side of the pond), I immensly enjoy ANYTHING Titanic and have quite a collection by my standards....

Books
Videos
Puzzles
Newspaper Articles
T-shirts
Models

I will admit that I do not have as much as some do here but it is enough to drive my wife crazy.

I am also, obviously, married, I have a daughter 28 and a Grandson aged 6.

I work in a roofing supply company in the warehouse as a customer service representative.

I do visit other Titanic websites here but enjoy this one the most......

I guess that's all for now..feel free to write Email if you wish, I enjoy getting mail from Titanic Fanatics like myself.

Bill

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
G'Day Bill, most of my collection is technically oriented though I do have a couple of knicknacks dealing with the passangers and crew. Senan Maloney's "The Irish Aboard Titanic" is a must have in this regard. For thought provoking tech books dealing with the forensics of the sinking, David Brown's "The last Log Of The Titanic" is one of the most thought provoking to hit the bookshelves in a very long time.

If you don't have them and want them, I just hope Amazon.com is a bit more co-operative today. Yesterday, I couldn't even get the site to admit it had any books on any subject at all!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Bill,

Welcome aboard! I have quite a Titanic collection myself. Everything from books to models....I'm totally obsessed!!

It's good to hear from you and I look forward to your posts.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

C

Christine Geyer

Very good to see you on the board, Bill !!
proud.gif

You're a real enrichment, I think. I'm looking forward to hear much more from you. Maybe we can convert your wife !? Have you given her a few books 'bout Titanic ??

Many regards
Christine

May 5, 2001
Maybe we can convert your wife !?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hahahahahahaha...Yeah....Umm you have a better chance of installing a water cooler in Hell Christine....I have a hard enough time accepting the fact that she accepts my Obsession with this Lady, I'm not gonna force her to get into something that she obviously can do without.

But it was sweet of you to give it a try anyway <WINK!>

Graciously,
The Big B...
Bill

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I don't know about a water cooler, but a funny looking guy with red skin, a pointed tail and horns on his head walked into my workplace wanting a water heater.

He gave his phone number as 666-HELL, his address as 1313 Hades Lane, and asked for delivery. For some odd reason, nobody wanted to go.

Can't say much for his choice of aftershave. Smelled to much like sulpher...
lame.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

C

Christine Geyer

Harrr Harrr Harrr ...

Michael, did he tap with his feet and murmured something like "Pleased to meet you..."?? As for the aftershave I was told by a man called Mick Jagger that he calls himself a "man of wealth and taste"...

[sup]Tell me baby, what's my name
Tell me honey, can you guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name[/sup]

*heavylywavingwiththetrident*
Christine

May 5, 2001
I pose a very interesting question for anyone interested in answering:

Why is it when you say:

"The Devil Made Me Do it!" people say "Yeah...So?"

But the minute you say:

"God told me to do this...", They arrest you as being crazy?

Will someone with an answer to this please tell me, I'll be damned if I know....OoOpS!..damn!

All my best even at my worst,
Bill

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
But the minute you say:
"God told me to do this...", They arrest you as being crazy?

Hey, speakin' of which, today marked the anniversary of Jeanne d'Arc's capture by the Burgundians. Jeanne's Saint Day is coming up, so as a fan of Jeanne's, I'll be spending my day watching "Le Passion de Jeanne d'Arc," a silent French film that's one of the best made.

TTFN!

Josh.

Diane Ostrow

May 19, 2001
Hi Bill!
Good to see you in the Introduce Yourself segment! I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know your views on Titanic!
Ahoy!
Diane
smile.gif

May 5, 2001
Dear Diane,
Thank you very much for the reception, I know I will find a home here (Sorry, still on one cup of coffee).

Actually, Internet-Wise, this is the best website that ever happened to me.....it's a great place to find useful tidbits of information, and very warm friends to communicate with.

Cordially and with much respect,
Bill

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
WHAT?! It's Bill's birthday? I guess I learn something new everyday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!

Today's your day to wreck havok on society. Have fun!

happy.gif

Josh!

L

lisa bruner

Sorry all ! I missed this segment. I got lost in reading so much of the material. Im 37, an always looking for knowledge. I live in western Pa. Love to read all the stuff. You all are very knowledgeable on the titanic. It's fascinating ! Keep the info flowing !