Bill DeSena

B

Bill DeSena

Hi folks!

I am 48 and live with my family in California. I am a technology consultant now but in the past have been: Sailor, policeman, fashion designer, actor, clergyman, to name a few of my diverse careers.

My Titanic interest probably started with seeing the movie ANTR or the 1953 Titanic and then going to the local library to get more info and finding Lord's book. The locating of the wreck renewed my interests and the 1997 movie has cemented it as a permanent part of my life. I know many people here dislike the Cameron film for a lot of reasons but its the one I go back to most often.

Regards
Bill

May 12, 2005
Bill,

Hello. I agree w/ you re: Cameron's Titanic. I meant to mention that I was a big fan of the movie. I can't understand how anyone CAN'T be blown away by the cinematography and music alone. The details of the set are incredible to watch & because the ship looks so real I never tire of seeing the movie for hat reason alone. I saw it 9 times when it was playing and have watched it inumerable times on video. I don't think anyone could ever beat that film for its attention to accuracy even if there were some blunders.

Randy

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hi Bill. It certainly looks like you got around. I think some ofthe problems some people have here with Cameron's film was more burnout then anything else. Of course, there was a lot of dramatic licence taken, but I can get past that. His attention to detail in the sets and the re-creation of the ship was extrodinary.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

B

Bill DeSena

I thought I'd post a picture for you to see
883.jpg

Regards
Bill

B

Bill DeSena

Hi Randy,

I was a foreign consultant for 2 years in Nigeria helping with modernization of the police. Perhpas I should have posted something less stern looking now that I see it here.

Regards
Bill

Dec 2, 2000
No Mike, that was the FBI's most wanted. Just kidding Bill it is a nice photo and all those others are just jealous cause they didn't think to use that handsome picture of that Nigerian police officer themselves.
Maureen.

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Hey, Bill,

What is it with Titanic researchers and facial hair? We are a hirsute lot, eh? I, myself, possess a beard, which leans toward the grey side. Aw, heck, it's white, who am I kidding?!

Anyway, Glad to read about you and your diverse background. And finally put a face behind all the postings!

Best regards,
Cook

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Pat Cook wrote:

>What is it with Titanic researchers and facial hair?

Hi, Pat!

Please feel free to discuss the above topic as long as you avoid mentioning Titanic researchers and receding hairlines. :)

All my best,

George

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Sorry, George. Geoff has already given me notice about this. All hail the Great Follicus, minor diety of all things hairy and remaining so.

Your humble and obedient,
Cook

Dec 2, 2000
I may have to consult with Shell and Ing about this, but I think I can say with some authority that not all researchers are hairy....and I am trying to think whether or not the membership pamphlet I received in my mail for this board said anything about it. But I called the Nigerian guard who posed as Bill above and he said that I need to get a refund right away.
Maureen.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Don't worry, Maureen...I only pose as a woman to challenge gender stereotypes. I'm actually a six foot tall Yorkshireman with a beard like a rhododendron bush (with a nod here to Blackadder) ;-)

If the Titanic blokes are folically endowed, are the Titanic sheilas top heavy?

Ing

B

Bill DeSena

To set the record straight once and for all here so as to avoid any conspiracy plots from being suggested as to the folically endowed researcher requirement,...I shaved my moustache and am now smooth as a babies %?$ ! My wife says it makes me look kinder too. I have no direct evidence relating to the upper torso projections or points of any female species researchers and will leave the matter in the hands of my union solicitors if it should be pressed further;-)

Regards
Bill

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Inger, if you're not, as they say, Top Heavy, try a corset to make yourself look that way. Of course you won't be able to breathe, but who needs air anyway? (Gasp, rasp, gasp, wheeze, etc.)

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Dec 2, 2000
Well Inger, I am not a six foot tall Yorkshireman. I am not a four foot tall munchkinman nor any kinda man nor do I have any facial hair(excpet eyebrows adnd lashes)....and unfortunately everyone on all points of the map now knows that I am top heavy due to my rather unfortunate run in with a guard at an airport in my "colorful" past...but the rest is in proportion and I would pop someone's eyes out of anything should I try to gasp, rasp, gasp and wheeze myself into a corset. So I guess I go quietly and forget about trying to get my money back for the pamphlet to join this site. But perhaps Shell can help.

But I will miss the Nigerian Guard's Beard though.

Dec 2, 2000
Do have to know one thing....Bill....did you shave prior to the boat and little men experiment or after? (And you thought I didn;t read the otehr parts of this site...hmmmm). Maureen.