Bill DeSena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2000
Thanks Michael for your vote of confidence...don;t know about the idea, but I do agree with you about the talent here!
You've been fairly quiet about the facial hair thing until now. I think you should wear your face the way that you feel that you look best and that way, every time you look in the mirror you 'll always see the best you.

(don't tell Pat...but I looked at his web site and he looks nice in his beard....even santa claus had a beard...he's a good guy right!) LAw Order is too confusing a stage for this detailed science to handle anyway.
happy.gif
Mo.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Just thought, Mo, a chapter devoted to detailed specifications of the Titanic might be a good idea.

I saw Pat's pic too. Handsome devil. Our beards are about the same length, but my hair is much longer. I got bored with forking over bucks to barbers. The money's better spent on books.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Sep 12, 2000
That is an excellent idea. That is something that there is not a lot out on the market and it is really interesting to most folks. Especially when one is first learning about the ship , but even as a reference to those of us who look up tsuff all the time. Maybe you, Bill, Pat and a few others (Dean...) can come up with a strategy for doing a point counter point on something like that. That whole thread about the suction and the stress points. That's all great stuff. And a recommended experienment like the one that is being cobnducted in a pool that is located within the continental us...I think.

And regarding hair, my honest opinion is this whether or not a man has long pony tail hair like Steven Segal the actor or wears the "Yul Brenner" look...it is his inner being that is important to anyone who really cares about him as a man and is his friend. Maureen.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Very interesting idea, Maureen! The only problem I forsee is getting writers on each point that are truly representative, as those in different 'factions' in the Titanic community often break down into even smaller groups - 'fractions' in Oz-pollie speak. So within, say, the salvage debate, there are those who are agressively pro (grab what we can while we can), those who are partially pro (don't touch the hull), those who are adamantly anti (don't touch anything), and a whole range of grey in between. As with the Californian...there are a huge range of views about both her position and her Captain's culpability.

Other than that - and I think that you could find presenting a representative sample of views viable, as this sort of anthology has worked in other fields with contributing authors - I think it's a very workable idea. Of course, there will be the inevitable complaints that X's view is not represented, but given the tremendous spectrum of opinion and interpretation on every aspect of the ship, from construction to salvage, that is inevitable.

Re the ongoing hair issue: Cook's beard is *splendid*. I told him so while jetlagged and downing double rum and cokes with swift precision in the hotel bar, so it came as a rather surreal, irrelevant observation. He was gracious enough to smile and say he'd put it on just for me :)

Ing

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Maureen, I don't know if there would be much of a point counter-point on the matter of specifications. That sort of thing was pretty much set in stone. However, the forensics would make some fertile ground for some debate.

Inger...DOUBLE cokes and rums? Plaural? If we ever get together at a convention or gathering, remind me to be a designated driver.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Sep 12, 2000
Michael, I say get Pat and Ing to the bar, provide endless rum and cokes and then write the counter point to the boat specifications.

Ing,...many witnesses at that same bar who had been there longer never saw the beard...but they did see the distress rockets and they were pink.
(he he)

But I second the offer of designated driver, just give me a map and a compass and I'm good to go.
Maureen.

Dec 12, 1999
I can safely say that I'm neither hirsute (at least on the face) nor top heavy (safe for those storms at sea, so I'm not the first thing thrown overboard). However, I have to say right here I'm not human. I'm from a galaxy nineteen light-years away.

Anyone else here covered with purple scales?

Sep 12, 2000
Kristina, you shouldn;t post things about purple scales...it drives Pat's imagination wild and he just stays frozen in a grin staring at his computer for days.

But I am glad that you posted or I wouldn't have known about that top-heavy goes in the drink first rule. You know they'd never have told me up front. So, I plan to research that thoroughly before going on any yachts or cruises with this bunch.

Besides a two inch difference isn't all that important except in horse shoes right. Although maybe I should get some sort of tape just in case they measure.

BTW, did your galaxy send a mystery ship named "The Mystery Ship" on or about April 14-15,1912 that flashed lights and went on its way?

Also, when you do not see your purple scales any longer, Mike and I would be happy to be your designated driver as well. he he
Maureen.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Pat! Quick! Snap out of it! Your computer is being taken over by space aliens!

Run! Hide! Befor Kritina and Mo get you with their deadly water pump pyramid ray guns!

(Camera pans left to Rod Serling in a black suit and holding a cigarette in his right hand);"You have now entered...the Twilight Zone."

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

I saw the beard too! Same New York bar. I was drinking vodka and orange juice. Such a lovely beard. Such a lovely fellow too!

And believe me, this particular group of Titanic enthusiasts needs more than a designated driver! Police in riot gear is more like it!

Oh and Maureen? Inger is among the best there is. Love the Ing!

Bonnie

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
(Serling takes the cigarette from his lips and faces the camera)

SERLING: Picture if you will - a band of gleeful researchers, seeking that most cherished of goals, the pot at the end of the rainbow, El Dorodo if you will, a pandora's box of little known, albeit obscure intormation which, when used in proper doses, as prescribed by the giants who went before them, on whose shoulders they now stand, will allow this smorgasbord of eclectic souls to achieve Nirvana. In short, they seek knowledge. You have just crossed over into...The Titanic Zone" (Cut music) noo ne noo noo, noo ne noo noo....

Eerily yours,
Kook

Sep 12, 2000
I love this place! Now that you have come back to us Pat, is Serling the guy I saw out there on the yacht with Bill and the girls in that titanic model under the Golden Gate Bridge trying to practice their life boat drills?

And Michael...do purple scales show up on B&W film? These are all important things to consider. And Stone Phillips said he would be gald to narrate and write up the documentary regaring this very important research regarding the purple scales.

But most of all, I believe that Kristina knows about the Mystery Ship and isn't telling.
Maureen.

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Marueen wrote > Now that you have come back to us Pat, is Serling the guy I saw out there on the yacht with Bill and the girls in that titanic model under the Golden Gate Bridge trying to practice their life boat drills? <

Vot make you t'ink you zaw anyt'ink, my deah. You iss chust a leetle sleepy, dot's all. Chust lie back and relax. Your eyelids iss gettink heafy...verrryyy heafy. Und now...bring in the mother ship!

Grokilly yours,
kcirtap Kooc

Sep 12, 2000
Dear Kcirtap Kooc!

This is neeruam ilottoz from way beyond the bridge. I was tyoing this note to youa nd suddenly fell asleep...I woke up with purple scales everywhere and looking into the portholes of an odd looking craft asking it if it was my mother...then I think I woke up.

What do you think they did with Bill? Most likely he does not even check this thread anymore...do you think? Although everyone on th eplanet and beyond does to check on his whereabouts.

Okay, I hate to bring in colonial mustard again but difficult siutations require difficult decisions...
Check in with you later my competent captain Kooc!

Dec 12, 1999
Mzzkttlluyyeouk....

Maybe I know about the Mystery Ship, maybe I know about the secrets of Mystery Meat.

Oh, and for the record, I've just shed my purple scales. Now I have iridescent feathers. Soon I'll advance to the level of Universal Opuchi Guru. Which means I get a really cool hat.

B

Bill DeSena

Why do I feel like Ulyssis when I drop back into my Introduce Yourself topic?

Anyway,...20 squirmy little girls and 4 boys showed up for lifeboat stations Saturday. It was ugly,...girls without enough period costume and the four boys fighting over which one was going to row and oh can't forget Leah trying to drown her sister Lillie! I was going to video it all but the people watching thought an X Rated film was having auditions and I was afraid to bring the camera out else they might call the cops!

I did manage to keep order and organise my men and ladies (cough) into orderly parties of passengers and seamen. I put one seaman into the boat and loaded it with but first told the passengers what the actual conditions were at that time on Titanic. I told them about the deck being 10 stories high in the dark and it was very cold out while a few feet away was a floating palace. I ask them if they wanted to do a lifeboat drill at midnight while they were sleeping warm in their cabins. I told them there had been some slight trouble with the ship and they had no need for alarm.

It was interesting, noboby wanted to volunteer to get into the boat! It took the officer considerable time to convince them to play drill after that, It must have been a lot like that when the tragedy of the moment hadn't yet become apparent to the passengers and crew.

We did have a lot of fun with this little outing and everyone is eager for another little 'experiment.'
PS Leah apologized to her big sister for holding her head under the water so long.
:)
Bill

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Mo, on black and white film, I think purple would show up as a varied shade of grey.

Bill, glad to see you survived your experiment. Things have been getting a little odd around here, what with a space alien and all trading in her scales for feathers, but we do have fun.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Sep 12, 2000
"A LITTLE ODD!" Glad they didn't have you manning the morse macaroni machine on the titanic or they may have not known that there was even a problem. "Oh, yes cape race, had a little odd run-in with ice earlier."

Just teasing you Michael, and Bill, I guess it is a little out of Joyce's ulysses...just a bit. But thanks for sharing your experiement with us.
Maureen.

Status
Not open for further replies.