Bill DeSena

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill DeSena

Hi folks I have been gone for awhile but hopefully not forgotten by the members on this board.

Cheers!
Bill

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Bill,

I agree with Randy. You are well remembered and have been missed. Stay around for awhile and enjoy!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

B

Bill DeSena

Hi all shipmates,

I just noticed that its been close to 2 years now that I've been a member of the board. Tie does trully fly. I just wanted to say hi and fair winds to all good mates here.

Cheers
Bill

B

Bill DeSena

Hi Shipmates!

I thought it was time to reintroduce myself to the Board so here goes.

I am:

A Titanic enthusiast
I love to travel
I have a wife, daughter and grand daughter
I'll be 50 on March 24th this year.
I have an open mind about most topics
I have had a varied career path, ie., sailor, policeman, soldier of fortune, clergyman, teacher,business man, tecnocrat, etc., etc..

I don't think:

That the bodies "disappeared the morning after"
That Ismay should have gone down with the ship.
That any officer committed suicide.
That "Lights" was especially heroic.
That Third Class had a chance.
That the boats would have buckled.
That Lord told the truth.
That Lord would have been able to do much had he moved California to the "Big steamer firing rockets."
That the Straus' returned to their cabin to wait for the end.
That anything should be removed from the wreck or other wrecks like her.
That Rose was a nice person.
That Cal was a bad guy.
That men should have been seperated from their ladies.

etcetera....

Well like I said just an update.

Cheers
Bill

J

Jemma Hyder

hi Bill I wasn't around the last time you introduced yourself so I'll say hello now
happy.gif

I'd like to think that none of the officers committed suicide too, although I dont have all the evidence to make a concrete opinion on it.

With you completely as far as Cal is concerned! What more could the guy have done for her? And even if he did wear too much eyeliner he wasn't that bad looking either! To be fair to Jack though that was more to do with his fiancees credibility I think lol. as my grandmother would have said Nice girls don't behave like that!

B

Bill DeSena

Hi Jemma,

Thanks! Nice to hear from you and share your views about the fictional Titanic folks that Cameron's film has immortalized.

The last time I introduced myself the thread got pretty carried away as a sort of chat room for everything else and left me out of my own thread LOL.

Welcome to the board and thanks again for your kind reply.

Cheers
Bill

J

Jemma Hyder

Bill I didn't catch that the first time that you were a navy man! My grandfather was an admiral in the Merchant navy. Let's hope you have more luck on your own thread this time lol
happy.gif

B

Bill DeSena

Hi Jemma,

Thats cool about your grandfather! I looked at your Philips website too very nicely done I must say.

Yes, I don't think there's much concern of this thread taking on a life of its own since the parties who used it like that last time seem to have found other interests.

Cheers
Bill

Dec 12, 1999
Hi Bill,

I agree with your points. By the way, Happy Birthday! (better late than never) You know we're almost the same age.

Let me ask you an off-the-wall "Titanica" question: I have a major trial that scheduled to start on April 15, 2002. Do you think that's a good, or a bad omen?

Say hello to Mrs. De Sena, too.

[Moderator's Note: Five separate threads have been merged into one here, for the sake of simplicity. MAB]

Status
Not open for further replies.