Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 1998
Jeremy,

I will put the word out later this year. I don't set either the selling price or distribution date...the publisher will do that. All I know is that I owe the publisher a manuscript this Fall. As time gets close, I'm sure that my deadline for material submission will be defined by a specific date, but I don't have even that yet.

My biggest worry is getting the thing finished on time. For all that I've done, there seems to be so much more to do. I've already had to push the deadline back twice. It would not do for me to push it back again.

Parks

L

Lacey Shine

Parks,
Just wanted to wish you good luck with the book and I hope it all turns out good. Let us all know when you plan to release the book. We would all luv to have a copy.

I do hope Cameron comes out with another movie. Is there any way we could convince him to make another Titanic movie? I think if he did make another Titanic movie, ALOT of people would go see it. I know I would be first in line! LoL

Mar 3, 1998
Lacey,

During a particularly long and difficult day on the GotA set, Cameron joked that he wasn't shooting a three-hour Titanic movie...he had done that already. I'm not going to speak for the man, but I have the impression that Cameron likes to keep moving, that he doesn't like to linger over territory that he has already covered. When I compare Terminator to Terminator 2, Alien to Aliens, and Titanic to GotA, it appears to me that even when Cameron stays with the same subject, he gives it an entirely different treatment the next time around. If he were to ever do another Titanic film, I would expect it to be something quite different from what he's already done. But, that's just my opinion...I don't have any special insight into his future plans.

Parks

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
Just a thought,

Is Cameron going to focus on Titanic from now on, or would he jump in to direct any other movie?

Mar 3, 1998
Jeremy,

Please see my post #1185, above. Cameron is obligated through a contract with Fox to direct more movies for them.

Parks

May 4, 2002
parks incase you didnt know, brock lovetts sub was a set, not the real thing. The exteriors were (mostly) real but he never dived. The other bloke the one whos also in ghosts of the abyss didnt but in gota he did

May 4, 2002
i want to be a director. ive heard jc can be a bit of a p**t but his work is phenominal. recently ive watched many of his films and love them all. is there any way to contact him?

ps i started this with a simple bill paxton question and what a feedback i got! i even got answers about marconi and jc himself! you guys rule!

Mar 3, 1998
Jack,

Bill Paxton did not actually dive for his role in "Titanic," but he did for GotA.

If you would like to see a picture of the Mir mockup, please visit my site and click on the Foxploration Virtual Tour in the Cape Race section. I have a picture there of Ken Marschall and Don Lynch examining the prop's interior.

Parks

Mar 3, 1998
Jack,

I am quite aware that you said that Bill Paxton's scene in "Titanic" was filmed inside a prop/set. But in that same post, you also claimed, "but he [Paxton] never dived." I responded to this latter statement by saying that Bill Paxton did not dive for "Titanic," but he did for GotA. The same can also be said for Lewis Abernathy, if that's who you were referring to when you mentioned, "the other bloke."

Parks

May 4, 2002
Parks

please accept my appologies and disregard my post no 18, as at the time of writing I was just a bit annebriated, and I can't remember writing it. Vodka and Encyclopedia Titanica wasn't my greatest idea ever. Thanks for this discussion on Bill Paxton, a great actor and soon to be Jeff Tracy, and Parks, how exactly did you get to work with Jim himself?

Mar 3, 1998
Jack,

Ken Marschall introduced me to Cameron prior to the 2001 expedition. At the time, I wanted Cameron to look for clues that might support the grounding theory and as an afterthought, I asked if he happened to be in the vicinity of the Marconi Room, could he see if anything's left? That turned out to be the second most fateful question I've ever asked.

Parks

S

Susan Leighton

quote:

"Vodka and Encyclopedia Titanica wasn't my greatest idea ever.
That's odd, I find it helps a lot."

me, too.....but not at age 15. Whew!!

May 4, 2002
I think some of you may have the wrong end of the stick I havent updated my profile in ages so im actually quite a bit older than what it says, and its not like I'm a junky! I dont steal to get enough cash to do drugs, geez, I don't even like the taste of larger or bitter (too bland) and I drink Smirnoff Red a few times a month if that! The only thing Im addicted to is Pepsi Max! Im yet to hear of anyones life being ruined by Pepsi but thanks for the concern. Im also not a depressed person, lol, far from it! That picture was at the time of making my profile, the only one I had of me on my PC, and was my brooding pose, and it came out better than any subsequent ones.

Worriedly yours

Jack

Jun 4, 2000
Jack,
Don't be worried, no one's calling you a 'junky'.
happy.gif
It's just the case of a few joking comments being made after your post, that's all.

Personally I'm a lot more interested in the post Parks made replying to your great question about James Cameron, and what lead from that. Thanks, Parks, that was very interesting.

May 4, 2002
i think i posted that last post (# 60) in the wrong area, so sorry if any of you thought i was having a go, but i did get a really patronising email response to my post admitting i drank vodka.

more to the point, how did my post about a bit part actor who seems to be a regular in Jims films turn into this? lol its a mystery.

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Now we'll have to debate further about Bill Paxton after his latest film, "Thunderbirds" is released, later this year (yes, many of us have see the trailer, especially before the Harry Potter film). I'll have to see if James Cameron is involved in that film ("super hero family, living in 2012; youngest son has to prove himself" plot).

I also enjoyed James Cameron's cameo in "The Muse" (hey, I'd work for free to have a scene with Sharon Stone):
Sharon: "My advice is to stay away from the water".
James (In Reply): "So a sequel is out of the question".

My other thought about the cast of TITANIC came when I saw the trailer for the film "THE AVIATOR", about Howard Hughes. This was on July 2nd, at the screening of SPIDERMAN 2.
When I saw who was playing Howard Hughes, as a young man, I kept thinking "When will he scream 'I'm the King of the Air!!!'".

Jun 12, 2004
Just to put in another raised hand: I, too, would a copy of your book when it's available, Parks. I will be willing to pay $100.00 for a copy.

I do have one question: regarding the Marconi room, there has been speculation about finding the boots/shoes of the stoker/fireman that Bride testified had tried to take Philips' life belt and was subsequently killed because of it. Has any sign of that been discovered either way? Just curious.

By the way, as a writer, I understand the pressures of the deadline. Hang in there and good luck.

--Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.